Issue enabling luxcore in Blender 2.93

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
davescm

Issue enabling luxcore in Blender 2.93

Post by davescm »

I have used Luxcore v2.5 in Blender 2.91 and 2.92.
I recently updated Blender to 2.93 and went to preferences to enable the Luxcore Add on.

I get the following message :
Traceback (most recent call list)
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\modules\addon_util.py",line 351, in enable
mod = _import_(module name)
File"C:\Users\daved\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\_init_.py", line 63, raise Exception(msg + "n\nImportError: %s" % error) from home

Exception:

Could not import pyluxcore
You probably forgot to install one of teh redistributable packages
They are listed in teh release announcement post.

ImportError: DLL load failed while importing pyluxcore: The specified module could not be found.

So far I have tried :
Re-installing the distributables for Windows 10 and rtestarting Windows.
Removing the Luxcore Blender add in and reinstalling it
But the error remains

It must be something I am doing wrong, but I have had LuxCore for Blender v2.5 working on this system previously. I would appreciate any pointers

Thanks

Dave
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Issue enabling luxcore in Blender 2.93

Post by Dade »

davescm wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:12 pm I have used Luxcore v2.5 in Blender 2.91 and 2.92.
I recently updated Blender to 2.93 and went to preferences to enable the Luxcore Add on.
Blender v2.93 is using a new Python version so you have to use a daily build of the under development LuxCoreRender v2.6: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=736
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
davescm

Re: Issue enabling luxcore in Blender 2.93

Post by davescm »

@Dade Thanks for your very fast reply. I've now downloaded the daily build and it loaded without issue
Thanks again
Dave