Sun properties - Gain problem

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
JuandeLara

Sun properties - Gain problem

Post by JuandeLara »

Hi all, quick question, silly one. I have just not touched Blender for months and I am being slow in catching up.

I set up a scene with a light Sun and Luxcore. When I set the Gain to 1 it appears over exposed, as comapred to it if I set it at 0.00001. It looks fine this way.

I checked the scale of the light and the objects on scene, and all are "ok". What am I missing? Is there some unit preference I need to revise. As far as I am aware, there are no other lights in scene interfering, as I did some tests, but could not figure it out.
CaptureA.JPG
CaptureB.JPG
Thank you so much!
Juan
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Sun properties - Gain problem

Post by Sharlybg »

You are just playing with the realworld sun Power. the default value as been set to work seamlessly with default camera linear value.
if you want an easier sun set the sun type to distant.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

put a very small power to the sun
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
http://dezigner.tilda.ws/
JuandeLara

Post by JuandeLara »

Thanks people. So I did not have a camera. That might have been the issue. I placed one in scene, and now everything is black. I have been playing with the settings for a while and have not been able to fix the problem. Any idea?