Trying to get render to look like viewport

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
causticwindow

Trying to get render to look like viewport

Post by causticwindow »

Hi all. Been a big Luxcore fan for the past year or so, first time posting here.

I'm currently working on an animation project and really like the smudged, paint-like look in the viewport when a distorted sheet of glass with some dispersion is added in front of the camera.
However when I render the resulting image is very different and the 'viewport render' option just gives me a grey screen.

I know trying to get a physically accurate renderer to look as unrealistic as possible is a bit of an odd use but any help would be much appreciated.
Screenshot 2021-06-06 at 11.45.37.png
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Trying to get render to look like viewport

Post by Dade »

The view port result is a side effect of the Denoiser and low samples-per-pixel count. To replicate the same result in the final render you have to:

1) enable the denoiser for the rendering;
2) selected the denoised output in Blender;
3) set an halt condition with a very low samples-per-pixel count;
4) you may need to switch the sampler to "RANDOM" but it may work with the default sampler too.

Note: they are artifacts result of the denoising process so the they are likely to be very different across different frames. This may result in a very flashy and confusing animation. You may be able to obtain a better and stable result with some kind of post-processing in Blender compositor.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties