Linux dependencies

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
d1nuc0m

Linux dependencies

Post by d1nuc0m »

Hello, I am a new LuxCoreRender user (I've began using it for FreeCAD renderings).
I am trying to "adopt" the luxcore binary package on Arch Linux AUR, so I would like to ask if there is a "official" list of LuxCore's dependencies on Linux, to maintain correctly the package.
Thanks in advance :D
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Linux dependencies

Post by Dade »

d1nuc0m wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:49 pm Hello, I am a new LuxCoreRender user (I've began using it for FreeCAD renderings).
I am trying to "adopt" the luxcore binary package on Arch Linux AUR, so I would like to ask if there is a "official" list of LuxCore's dependencies on Linux, to maintain correctly the package.
You should use the build procedure described here: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LinuxCompile
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
d1nuc0m

Post by d1nuc0m »

Dade wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:15 pm
d1nuc0m wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:49 pm Hello, I am a new LuxCoreRender user (I've began using it for FreeCAD renderings).
You should use the build procedure described here: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LinuxCompile
My bad, I'll explain myself better.
I am not trying to build from source (for this there is the luxcorerender package on AUR), but to automate the download and installation of the latest official precompiled binaries from GitHub. So I was trying to understand which are runtime dependencies and which are compile-time dependencies (that can be excluded in this case)
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

The binaries are (mostly) statically linked and they detect CUDA/OpenCL presence at runtime so they should have a very little amount of dependencies.

Are you packing LuxCore standalone or BlendLuxCore ?
d1nuc0m

Post by d1nuc0m »

Dade wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:55 pm The binaries are (mostly) statically linked and they detect CUDA/OpenCL presence at runtime so they should have a very little amount of dependencies.

LuxCore standalone. To be clear, this: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... 64.tar.bz2 :)
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

d1nuc0m wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:40 pm
Dade wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:55 pm The binaries are (mostly) statically linked and they detect CUDA/OpenCL presence at runtime so they should have a very little amount of dependencies.

LuxCore standalone. To be clear, this: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... 64.tar.bz2 :)
You can actually do an "ldd luxcoreui" and you will see are required DLLs. Indeed pyluxcore.so does requires Python too.
d1nuc0m

Post by d1nuc0m »

Dade wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:30 pm
d1nuc0m wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:40 pm

You can actually do an "ldd luxcoreui" and you will see are required DLLs. Indeed pyluxcore.so does requires Python too.
Ok, it looks like LuxCore has more dependencies than expected. I tried ldd on luxcoreui after extracting the downloaded archive (and it points to the libraries in the folder) and after putting the luxcoreui executable alone in a folder. In the latter case it points to the system libraries, except for libOpenImageDenoise.so.0, which is not found although openimagedenoise is installed (so I had to put it in the folder). Attached there are the ldd outputs.

Regarding pyluxcore, it should work with Python2 and/or Python3?
Attachments
LuxCore_ldd.zip
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

d1nuc0m wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:14 pm In the latter case it points to the system libraries, except for libOpenImageDenoise.so.0, which is not found although
Isn't it included in original .tar.bz2 ?
d1nuc0m wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:14 pm Regarding pyluxcore, it should work with Python2 and/or Python3?
Python3.
d1nuc0m

Post by d1nuc0m »

Dade wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:34 pm
d1nuc0m wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:14 pm In the latter case it points to the system libraries, except for libOpenImageDenoise.so.0, which is not found although
Isn't it included in original .tar.bz2 ?
d1nuc0m wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:14 pm Regarding pyluxcore, it should work with Python2 and/or Python3?
Python3.
Yes, but to avoid dependency hells and conflicts with the libraries installed system-wide, I am trying to refer to system's libraries.
For example libtbb.so.2 might have been already installed through pacman, and be in /usr/lib/. In this case overwriting it with the version provided by LuxCoreRender could create problems, so it should be better to declare tbb as package dependancy and let the package manager handle it.

Another question about libOpenImageDenoise.so.0, I have checked the official precompiled binaries of Open Image Denoise, and there is no file named libOpenImageDenoise.so.0, at most libOpenImageDenoise.so.1, libOpenImageDenoise.so, or libOpenImageDenoise.so.1.3.0. So what library/version is the file included in the original .tar.bz2? :?:

Regarding pyluxcore, where can I find instructions for a proper install? Just as a confirmation of what I am trying to do
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

It doesn't very much sense to pack the standalone version, you should pack BlendLuxCore.