[CRASHING] Simples scene crashing on RTX2070

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: [CRASHING] Simples scene crashing on RTX2070

Post by Dade »

I may have been able to replicate the problem, I'm looking into it.

B.Y.O.B., I'm also getting a BlendLuxCore error if I try to export the scene from Blender:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/david/.config/blender/2.92/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/export/caches/object_cache.py", line 261, in first_run
    duplis = instances[obj.original.as_pointer()]
KeyError: 139641619472904

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/david/.config/blender/2.92/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/export/material.py", line 43, in convert
    active_output.export(exporter, depsgraph, props, luxcore_name)
  File "/home/david/.config/blender/2.92/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/nodes/materials/output.py", line 162, in export
    exported_name = self.inputs["Material"].export(exporter, depsgraph, props, luxcore_name)
  File "/home/david/.config/blender/2.92/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/nodes/sockets.py", line 88, in export
    return link.from_node.export(exporter, depsgraph, props, luxcore_name, link.from_socket)
  File "/home/david/.config/blender/2.92/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/nodes/base.py", line 102, in export
    luxcore_name = self.sub_export(exporter, depsgraph, props, luxcore_name, output_socket)
  File "/home/david/.config/blender/2.92/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/nodes/materials/glossytranslucent.py", line 117, in sub_export
    "kd": self.inputs["Diffuse Color"].export(exporter, depsgraph, props),
  File "/home/david/.config/blender/2.92/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/nodes/sockets.py", line 88, in export
    return link.from_node.export(exporter, depsgraph, props, luxcore_name, link.from_socket)
  File "/home/david/.config/blender/2.92/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/nodes/base.py", line 102, in export
    luxcore_name = self.sub_export(exporter, depsgraph, props, luxcore_name, output_socket)
  File "/home/david/.config/blender/2.92/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/nodes/textures/hsv.py", line 19, in sub_export
    "texture": self.inputs["Color"].export(exporter, depsgraph, props),
  File "/home/david/.config/blender/2.92/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/nodes/textures/imagemap.py", line 173, in sub_export
    filepath = ImageExporter.export(self.image, self.image_user, exporter.scene)
  File "/home/david/.config/blender/2.92/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/export/image.py", line 58, in export
    return cls._save_to_temp_file(image)
  File "/home/david/.config/blender/2.92/scripts/addons/BlendLuxCore/export/image.py", line 45, in _save_to_temp_file
    image.filepath_raw = orig_filepath
AttributeError: Writing to ID classes in this context is not allowed: Plant_01_2K_Base_Color.png, Image datablock, error setting Image.filepath_raw
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Dade wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:31 am I may have been able to replicate the problem, I'm looking into it.
The problem seem related to the plant in the corner:

plant.jpg

@hilth, if you erase the "leaves" and "trunk" objects (i.e. the plant), does it still crash for you ? It works fine for me.

The problem seems also to to be CUDA-only, OpenCL rendering is working fine for me, even with "leaves" and "trunk" objects.
hilth

Post by hilth »

Dade wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:26 am
Dade wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:31 am I may have been able to replicate the problem, I'm looking into it.

plant.jpg

@hilth, if you erase the "leaves" and "trunk" objects (i.e. the plant), does it still crash for you ? It works fine for me.

The problem seems also to to be CUDA-only, OpenCL rendering is working fine for me, even with "leaves" and "trunk" objects.
hey guys!
Yep! It works.
I deleted the plant and the scene load got rendered.
both in the viewport and by pressing F12.
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

Wonderful. Very good! Remembering that this plant is part of the online library of luxcore, it would be good for the developer to take a look at it.
hilth

Post by hilth »

plant.jpg

I change my configs to OpenCL and saved the preferences to test it out. But for me stills crashes (viewport and F12 render).
This plant is cursed. haha
mroy

Post by mroy »

GPU rendering works fine in Cuda.

linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffe59f65000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f4c69f2c000)
librt.so.1 => /lib64/librt.so.1 (0x00007f4c69f22000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f4c69f1d000)
libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007f4c69de4000)
libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f4c69c24000)
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f4c6b77c000)
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

plant.jpg

Hi Dade look like the optix/Cuda crash i experienced recently is connected to that plant issue i was able to reproduce the issue different plant. So wonder if that was fixed in 2.6 so i can try it ?

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA