Texture won't apply correctly to some imported .obj models

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Mercury

Texture won't apply correctly to some imported .obj models

Post by Mercury »

Hello, for some reason I am incapable of properly applying this texture to this couch pillow, for some context, the same texture is applied to the floor and it works fine.

I just can't comprehend why it won't match what it is shown in the preview window.
Attachments
Texture wont apply correctly.png
Martini

Re: Texture won't apply correctly to some imported .obj models

Post by Martini »

Have a look in Blender to check Normals (face orientation) and UVs are correct
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5995WX 64-Cores | 2x Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI | 256GB Kingston Server Premier ECC Unbuffered DDR4
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

In addition of what Martini said, you can check if your model has a mesh problem as I can see it's a bit weird even in the viewport.
Martini

Post by Martini »

Your cushion model also has a strange triangular look in the viewport there. Also check duplicate vertices. You can use merge by distance to remove doubles.

It could possibly have broken custom split normals? If none of the other methods described here solve the issue yet, try selecting that object and see if Clear Custom Split Normals Data is an option (in Object properties panel > Geometry Data).
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5995WX 64-Cores | 2x Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI | 256GB Kingston Server Premier ECC Unbuffered DDR4
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Martini wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:53 pm Have a look in Blender to check Normals (face orientation) and UVs are correct
I'm just a noob but you were right, I went to check and for some reason in this case I had to click "add uv map" in the 2d mapping square. You guys are the quite the detectives on this.

Thank you