Not Getting the Results in BlendLuxCore Blender Console

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Jan

Not Getting the Results in BlendLuxCore Blender Console

Post by Jan »

I don't have knowledge in programming but trying to follow online instructions to test out but the output doesn't match.
Snap15.jpg
I expect the output should be these:

"Help on package pyluxcore:

NAME
pyluxcore - LuxCoreRender Python bindings

DESCRIPTION
Provides access to the LuxCoreRender API in python

PACKAGE CONTENTS

CLASSES
Boost.Python.enum(builtins.int)
FilmOutputType
Boost.Python.instance(builtins.object)
Camera
Film
Properties
Property
RenderConfig
RenderSession
RenderState
Scene

class Camera(Boost.Python.instance)
| Method resolution order:
| Camera
| Boost.Python.instance
| builtins.object
|
| Methods defined here:
|
| Rotate(...)
| Rotate( (Camera)arg1, (float)arg2, (tuple)arg3) -> None
|
| RotateDown(...)
| RotateDown( (Camera)arg1, (float)arg2) -> None

[...]

What I'd done was to copy the files from C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\bin\ to D:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\blender 2.83.1\2.83\scripts\modules\ because if not I will only get:
Snap17.jpg

I search online for many hours but still don't know how to set this up properly or whether BlenderLuxcore files at C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\bin\ must be duplicated somewhere? I really like to at least make the pyluxcore_demo.py file work but don't know how. Nothing happend for now when trying to run the copy and pasted script at Blender Text Editor window. Please help and thanks.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Not Getting the Results in BlendLuxCore Blender Console

Post by Dade »

I'm not sure to understand what you are trying to achieve but if you are just trying to install BlendLuxCore you need only to install the .zip like any other Blender addon: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/BlendLux ... stallation
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Jan

Post by Jan »

Hi,

I really like to see the illuminance values along with the illuminance contour in my own designs such as this image.
B5SuaNaCEAAdf_D.jpeg
However I cannot find anything that would allow this except through Scripts in Blender but I don't know how to write one. I copied and pasted the pyluxcore.pxd from C:\Users\Jan\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\bin to D:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\blender-2.83.1\2.83\scripts\modules and trying to see if I can run this script pyluxcore_demo.py successfully in Blender with BlendLuxCore addon. I read this thread viewtopic.php?t=371 again and found out the module is pyluxcore.so and not pyluxcore.pxd.

My question now is how to make pyluxcore_demo.py and other BlendLuxCore scripts run on Blender as well importantly also making Blender do data visualization along with contour lines?

Thanks!
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Jan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:54 am if I can run this script pyluxcore_demo.py successfully in Blender with BlendLuxCore addon. I read this thread viewtopic.php?t=371 again and found out the module is pyluxcore.so and not pyluxcore.pxd.
The linked thread talks about running LuxCore from plain Python, outside Blender. It is something for developers, to use LuxCore alone. If you are not a developers, you should probably stay away from that kind of stuff because it requires coding experience.
Jan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:54 am My question now is how to make pyluxcore_demo.py and other BlendLuxCore scripts run on Blender as well importantly also making Blender do data visualization along with contour lines?
Do you mean pyluxcoredemo.py (https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... uxcoredemo) ?

It is a python LuxCore API usage demo. It is a stand alone demo, not intended to be run inside Blender. Again, are you interested to write your own Python code using LuxCore API ?

P.S. it is pyluxcore.so on Linux and pyluxcore.pyd on Windows.
Jan

Post by Jan »

Dade wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:14 am
The linked thread talks about running LuxCore from plain Python, outside Blender. It is something for developers, to use LuxCore alone. If you are not a developers, you should probably stay away from that kind of stuff because it requires coding experience.
I just wanted to copy and paste sample LuxCore and Python scripts for now to analyze so I can learn more about LuxCore and Python at the same time however don't know how to begin? Do I need to download Python 3.9.1 for Windows and which LuxCore version?

Dade wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:14 am
Do you mean pyluxcoredemo.py (https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... uxcoredemo) ?

It is a python LuxCore API usage demo. It is a stand alone demo, not intended to be run inside Blender. Again, are you interested to write your own Python code using LuxCore API ?

P.S. it is pyluxcore.so on Linux and pyluxcore.pyd on Windows.
Yes, https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... oredemo.py

Yes, if it's not very time consuming to learn and will try to find some spare time. I'm newbie into luminosity and radiosity and 3D graphics and my priority now is to verify the math that I'm learning and the LuxCore algorithms give same numerical output results.
testing.jpg
acasta69
Developer
Developer

Post by acasta69 »

Jan wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:38 am I just wanted to copy and paste sample LuxCore and Python scripts for now to analyze so I can learn more about LuxCore and Python at the same time however don't know how to begin? Do I need to download Python 3.9.1 for Windows and which LuxCore version?
The easiest way to do this on Windows is with Python 3.7: the other versions will not work with pre-built LuxCore binaries for Windows.

If you need a different Python version, it is a bit more complex because you have to build LuxCore for the Python version of your choice, as explained here:
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/WindowsCompile
I would suggest to stick with Python 3.7 if at all possible.

Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v445.87