Exposure Mode in LuxCore2

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
igall2

Exposure Mode in LuxCore2

Post by igall2 »

Hi,

In LuxRender 1.7, in order to get linear response of the image gray levels to increase in light intensity, I had to set Exposure Mode to "Absolute" as follows:
bpy.data.cameras['Right Camera'].luxrender_camera.exposure_mode == 'absolute'

Should I do a similar thing in LuxCore2 in order to get linear response to light intensity?
If the answer is Yes, then how?

Many thanks,
Igal
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Exposure Mode in LuxCore2

Post by Dade »

igall2 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:50 pm In LuxRender 1.7, in order to get linear response of the image gray levels to increase in light intensity, I had to set Exposure Mode to "Absolute" as follows:
bpy.data.cameras['Right Camera'].luxrender_camera.exposure_mode == 'absolute'

Should I do a similar thing in LuxCore2 in order to get linear response to light intensity?
If the answer is Yes, then how?
If you use linear tone mapping with a scale of 1.0 and gamma 1.0, you will obtain the untouched values out of the rendering (if you save in .exr format). Is that what are you looking for ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
igall2

Post by igall2 »

Dade wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:09 pm If you use linear tone mapping with a scale of 1.0 and gamma 1.0, you will obtain the untouched values out of the rendering (if you save in .exr format). Is that what are you looking for ?
Thanks Dade,
That's definatly what I'm looking for :)
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

You can also enable the RGB AOV in the render layer settings, if you want the raw data in addition to the usual tonemapped image.
igall2

Post by igall2 »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:58 pm You can also enable the RGB AOV in the render layer settings, if you want the raw data in addition to the usual tonemapped image.
Thanks B.Y.O.B!

I'm opening another thread about saving AOVs because I couldn't make it saving the RGB AOV.. :lol:

Igal