4xGPU render close Blender

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: 4xGPU render close Blender

Post by Dade »

I'm testing your problem in the only way I can without having 4xGPUs: by using multiple times the same GPU. I'm able to replicate the crash so I'm looking where the bug is.
However it seems to happen only with HallBench scene, other scenes I have tried are working fine here.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

I should have fixed the problem. The fix will be included in the next automatic build.
Txamo

Post by Txamo »

Hi Dade,

Thank you very much for the answer, the example videos that I put were with that scene but it also happens to me with other scenes (when using more than 2 GPUs), something has also happened to me added to all this, I have opened a simple scene that I have, I have tried rendering and in this scene it was rendering with all the GPUs without problem, but when I activated in the CACHES box, PhotonGI cache and I launch render with all the GPUs, Blender closes again, I do the same, activating CACHES, PhotonGI cache but with 2 GPUs and Blender does not close.

I do not know what connection all this can have, but there is something that does not fit, when I use more than 2 GPUs and as you can see it also happens sometimes when playing as in this case CACHES.

Thank you very much Dade, can you tell me if I can do something.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Txamo wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:49 pm Thank you very much Dade, can you tell me if I can do something.
I fixed the problem, it could happen only if you had PhotonGI enabled (and I hadn't in the other scenes I was testing). You can try the automatic build binaries: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=736
Txamo

Post by Txamo »

Hi Dade,
I have tried the automatic build binaries and it works without problems in all the scenes in which I have been testing it, now everything that happened before has been corrected.

Don't know how much I appreciate the correction.

Thank you very much Dade.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Txamo wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:38 pm Hi Dade,
I have tried the automatic build binaries and it works without problems in all the scenes in which I have been testing it, now everything that happened before has been corrected.

Don't know how much I appreciate the correction.

Thank you very much Dade.
Really thanks to you also for reporting this issue wich can make a renderfarm useless ;)

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA