OpenCL Error

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Skaven252

Re: OpenCL Error

Post by Skaven252 »

I have been using Blender LuxCore v 2.4. I did not test it with the default cube only yet.

I've updated my NVidia driver now, from Studio Driver 461.40 to Game Ready Driver 466.11. With the earlier driver I could see the GPU memory fill up a bit with every render and view render mode switch, but with the newer driver it doesn't seem to be happening any more - at least judging by eye. I will attempt another long render of my scene with GPU acceleration tonight, and see if it completes.
Last edited by Skaven252 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

In which case I would indeed advice not to quote me, but to perform tests yourself.

When I posted my reports, it was explicitly an OPENCL backend issue, but you say that you are using the CUDA backend.
Additionally, it was prior to 46x-drivers, so that seems an unlikely explanation as well.
Skaven252

Post by Skaven252 »

I attempted a render of the animation with the updated drivers tonight. Blender crashes (no error dialog, hard crash to desktop) after frame 8. Crash log is attached.
Attachments
glass_skull_07_luxcore_crash.zip
(6.13 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Why to not use v2.5 ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Skaven252

Post by Skaven252 »

Ah, I didn't notice it was out. Thank you for the tip, I'll give it a shot! :)