World light always from the left?

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: World light always from the left?

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:36 am So is this setup incorrect and that the gamma should be set to 2.2? (file attached)
Nope, you need to not use gamma correction (i.e. gamma = 1.0) so the screenshot is right.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Should I just hide the gamma setting in normalmap mode and set gamma = 1.0 behind the scenes in the addon?
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Dade. Thanks for the confirmation
BYOB. Thanks, I think that would be quite helpful to us that are a bit new to it all.
Cheers
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Done.
I also fixed some other stuff that was wrong with normalmap handling (e.g. the fallback color being [0, 0, 0] instead of [0.5, 0.5, 1.0] when no map was selected).
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Cool.

I would just like to say that as I am hoping to be doing mainly upholstered furniture, the VELVET shader with advanced options is absolutely awesome!
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:11 pm Should I just hide the gamma setting in normalmap mode and set gamma = 1.0 behind the scenes in the addon?
Hmm, i had an idea not so long ago... it would be nice to split the Imagemap node into two: one only for images/textures/maps and other for transformations. This way we could feed many textures through one transformation or one single texture through few transformations. Would be of help with PBR workflow where roughness, AO, metallness are stored in channels.
What's the thought on that?

Just please, don't remove the advanced options.
This is not advanced, but more like common knowledge.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

kintuX wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:27 pm it would be nice to split the Imagemap node into two: one only for images/textures/maps and other for transformations. This way we could feed many textures through one transformation or one single texture through few transformations.
Can you draw me a mockup of what you mean exactly?
I think what you want is already possible (or you mean something else with "transformations" than the UV transformations?).
Attachments
one texture with many transformations
one texture with many transformations
many textures with one transformation
many textures with one transformation
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

I apologize for not being clear enough.
What i meant was separating (removing) color transformations from Imagemap (gama, brightness) and putting those into separate node under Utils (as is the case in Cycles with Gamma & Bright/Contrast nodes). While Imagemap node could have all Channels outputs available from single node (as an advanced 'Channels' option). Since there's no Separate/Combine RGB nodes. So for now only one output per Imagemap node is possible.

Again, i apologize for making a mess.
Proposals are stacking up and i believe i should make a proper/separated thread and also register at GitHub already :roll:

Have a nice day ;)