Compilation error VS 2013

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Luxart

Re: Compilation error VS 2013

Post by Luxart »

As we are having long conversation, I think its time to clear my points as much as possible (English is foriegn language to me) :) .

1, Now I'm not worried about CMAKE. As I'm generating pyluxcore by directly importing into VS2013 (my old way). I'm fine with that :D .

2, My only last little concern is using CMAKE to generate (SLG & Luxrays) Kernel files.

3, CMAKE also generates other (lib, exe etc) files, I don't want these files, they are not required to me, as I'm directly generating pyluxcore from VS2013.

4, The process to generate (SLG & Luxrays) Kernel files are in PreprocessKernel.cmake file in "luxcorerender\LuxCore\cmake\Scripts" folder

5, Is there any command to end the CMAKE process Once it generates (SLG & Luxrays) Kernel files.

If there is no way, I't is ok for me ;) , I just have to run the whole CMAKE process just to get (SLG & Luxrays) Kernel files. From there on I can import it into VS2013 as all other files and I can build from there :) .

Thanks for your help and patience (and for this nice render software).

Btw I saw the first denoised results posted by BYOB, it's good :D .
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Luxart wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:03 pm 5, Is there any command to end the CMAKE process Once it generates (SLG & Luxrays) Kernel files.
At the time you get the error, they have been already generated, just add/copy them to your private project. This is one time solution, if you want a solution that will work with any further project change, you must use the cmake procedure.
Luxart wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:03 pm If there is no way, I't is ok for me ;) , I just have to run the whole CMAKE process just to get (SLG & Luxrays) Kernel files. From there on I can import it
If you use the VS project generated by cmake, you have nothing to run/import or whatever.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Luxart

Post by Luxart »

Dade wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:54 pm If you use the VS project generated by cmake, you have nothing to run/import or whatever.
Yes, But i'm changing the code of most of the source files (except rays intersection code). So I have to add all the source files to VS.

No problem, for every version change, I will generate kernel files using CMAKE. Thanks :) .