[RESOLVED] Issue when installing BlendLux 2.4 daily build

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
damokrane

[RESOLVED] Issue when installing BlendLux 2.4 daily build

Post by damokrane »

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install the daily BlendLuxCore latest build BlendLuxCore-latest-win64.zip
I got many errors, and I'm not currently able to inunstall this one to go back to addon version 2.3

Could you please help me to install 2.4 or maybe if it's too hard, to go back to 2.3 ?

Config:
  • Windows 10
  • Blender 2.82.7
Error log:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 351, in enable
    mod = __import__(module_name)
  File "C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\__init__.py", line 66, in <module>
    auto_load.init()
  File "C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\auto_load.py", line 27, in init
    modules = get_all_submodules(Path(__file__).parent)
  File "C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\auto_load.py", line 55, in get_all_submodules
    return list(iter_submodules(directory, directory.name))
  File "C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\auto_load.py", line 59, in iter_submodules
    yield importlib.import_module("." + name, package_name)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\python\lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\engine\base.py", line 3, in <module>
    from . import final, preview, viewport
  File "C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\engine\viewport.py", line 8, in <module>
    from ..export.config import convert_viewport_engine
ImportError: cannot import name 'convert_viewport_engine' from 'BlendLuxCore.export.config' (C:\Users\damokrane\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\export\config.py)

Last edited by damokrane on Tue May 05, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Issue when installing BlendLux 2.4 daily build

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

It looks like you have mixed two installations or so? Anyway, seems to be broken.

Open "C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\" in your file browser and delete the "BlendLuxCore" folder, then re-install the version you want.
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

What exactly were your steps to install it?
I see that the last error line tries to import from a slightly different location (C:\Users\damokrane\...) than the lines before (C:\Users\MyUser\...).

Also I'm not sure of you know that for the daily builds you separatly have to install the LuxCore binaries?

In any case, you can install 2.3 and 2.4 side by side. To do this manually, you download both 2.3 and 2.4 an unzip them. Then you copy the contents into separate addon folders, which will be stored at:

C:\Users\damokrane\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\
E.g. for 2.3 you can make a Folder

C:\Users\damokrane\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\
and for 2.4

C:\Users\damokrane\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore-master\
You can then switch between the addons in the Blender Preferences. First, you have to deactivate the currently active LuxCore, then activate the other.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

CodeHD wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:09 pm Also I'm not sure of you know that for the daily builds you separatly have to install the LuxCore binaries?
This is no longer necessary since a while. Downloading BlendLuxCore latest build is enough.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

This is no longer necessary since a while. Downloading BlendLuxCore latest build is enough.
Really ? all the time ?

i didn't even notice it :shock:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

Sharlybg wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:47 pm Really ? all the time ?

i didn't even notice it :shock:
I just needed to have a look to :D

It seems that it is when you download from the BlenLuxCore daily release
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... tag/latest

And not following the descirption from the third post here
damokrane

Re: [RESOLVED] Issue when installing BlendLux 2.4 daily build

Post by damokrane »

Thanks to you guys,
I have had trouble cause I've not correctlty installed the 2.4 version.
Deleted the folder Luxcore in blender addons folder.

Now I'm able to install both 2.3 and 2.4 thanks to your trick :mrgreen:
CodeHD wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:09 pm In any case, you can install 2.3 and 2.4 side by side. To do this manually, you download both 2.3 and 2.4 an unzip them.
Thanks a lot, and keep going ;)