Network renderer not exporting halt conditions

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
ChapterSevenSeeds

Network renderer not exporting halt conditions

Post by ChapterSevenSeeds »

Hey guys. So I was wanting to use the network renderer to render an animation across a few computers I have in my home. The problem is that LuxCoreRender doesn't export halt conditions to the .bcf file. I have the half conditions set how I want them:
Capture.JPG
I then export the file using the following:
Capture3.JPG
The only problem is that when I load the exported file into the Net Console, the halt conditions don't carry over:
Capture2.JPG
This is problematic because I don't want each frame of the animation to render off into infinity. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Network renderer not exporting halt conditions

Post by Dade »

Pyluxcoretools should have command line options (like "--halt-spp") to set the halt condition. I assume BlendLuxCore probably isn't aware of this specific option.

However the best way to render animations is not to split the rendering of each single file but to spread the rendering of each frame across all nodes (I think it can be done with generic Blender addons and/or scripts).

Pyluxcoretools have sincerely never been very much testes or developed and they could use a dedicated developers.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
ChapterSevenSeeds

Re: Network renderer not exporting halt conditions

Post by ChapterSevenSeeds »

So can I use the command line options to set the halt conditions across all of the queued jobs?

And yeah they should work on it more! It seems like it has some potential.