Denoiser Problem

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
taner candan

Denoiser Problem

Post by taner candan »

Hi everyone,
i have a problem with denoiser. when i finished viewport render mode, it shows "could not start denoiser:[errno 13] permission denied...Also when i finish final render ( when using BCD ) the denoiser layer looks really wierd. i am using core 2.3 Blender 2.81.16. i am on a Mac High Sierra. is there a solution for this ?

Thanks for your supoorts.
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Re: Denoiser Problem

Post by CodeHD »

Hi taner candan,
taner candan wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:15 am Also when i finish final render ( when using BCD ) the denoiser layer looks really wierd.
You should show a picture of the artefacts you observed, and an undenoised render to compare. Ideally you always upload a blend-file with your problems so that the developers can reproduce the errors.
Also, can you clarify if this happens only for a specific scene or always?
taner candan wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:15 am when i finished viewport render mode, it shows "could not start denoiser:[errno 13] permission denied
"errno 13" indicates that you don't have permission to read or write a certain file or directory.
We have a GitHub Issue here with the same problem:

https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... issues/259

Did you also update LuxCore through the integrated updater?
taner candan

Post by taner candan »

Thanks for your reply,

Here is the screenshot of my denoiser output.
it happens for all scenes. Not only 1 scene. For each scene i have this problem.
i checked the link and i gave permission to the denoiser read and write. But same problem still giving me the same error. than i gave permisson to all blender folder. i do not know if it was a right thing that i made by giving permission to the blender folder.
No i did not update it from the updater. i just download it and install it from the zip file.
Attachments
ss2.jpg
ss1.jpg
Fox

Post by Fox »

The BCD never worked that well, Oidn is way better.

Here is BCD sample at 1000 spp (16 hours):
BCD denoise sample.png
MattRM

Post by MattRM »

Hi,

Same issue with the BCD denoiser, below the result. No problem with ODIN. BCD is great (tried it in an other render engine), more longer than ODIN but not bad (depending of the scene and render). Version 2.3 in Blender 2.82 E-Cycles build (same as 2.82 standard build + E-Cycles render)

Matt