Enviroment Light Cache spots issue

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Oscar9531

Enviroment Light Cache spots issue

Post by Oscar9531 »

Hello guys, Im having this issue with Luxcore, when I use Enviroment Light Cache I get this weird spots in the scene that makes it useless but the problem is that I need to use Enviroment Light Cache to have a good light quality, you'll see the image below that when it is disable, the light in the scene is wrong, doesnt catch highligts and its more grainy... This happen in all the projects I have, so it is not the file and I started using Luxcore 2.3 and have the same problem, I changed to 2.4 cause I saw that autoportals is mark as done in the trello page, but the same issue still happen.

This is using Enviroment Light Cache, you see the light is great but have those spots:

The attachment 02.png is no longer available

This is not using it and you see the spots are not longer a problem, but the quality is terrible:

The attachment 01.png is no longer available

These are two more images using Enviroment Light Cache:

01.png
02.png

No matter if the quality is set to 0.0, 0.5 or 1.0 ... Is the same
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: Enviroment Light Cache spots issue

Post by lacilaci »

Try using higher clamping values... These spots tend to show up mainly with low clamping.
There are also cases where they show up no matter what (dense structures etc) and then there is no help.... But in your case it does look more like a clamping related issue
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Can you share a small blend test with the issue so we can help ? can be very simple.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:26 am Try using higher clamping values... These spots tend to show up mainly with low clamping.
There are also cases where they show up no matter what (dense structures etc) and then there is no help.... But in your case it does look more like a clamping related issue
Long version: the cache relay on MIS (Multiple Importance Sampling) to work, if you use too low values, you will cut some of the MIS contrinutions.
Oscar9531

Post by Oscar9531 »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:26 am Try using higher clamping values... These spots tend to show up mainly with low clamping.
Oh yeah, you were right. Thanks!! But then, how can I deal with the fireflies?
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Oscar9531 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:21 pm
Oh yeah, you were right. Thanks!! But then, how can I deal with the fireflies?
I don't know.
Use weaker lights, then adjust camera exposure and maybe then you could use much lower values for clamping. This tends to work for me, but you need to watch carefuly so you don't loose too much of contrast in lighting. Or just render longer....

Sadly doing interiors in luxcore still requires some troubleshooting on user part due to how both of these features work (env. Cache and clamping)
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

I don't know.
Use weaker lights, then adjust camera exposure and maybe then you could use much lower values for clamping. This tends to work for me, but you need to watch carefuly so you don't loose too much of contrast in lighting. Or just render longer....

Sadly doing interiors in luxcore still requires some troubleshooting on user part due to how both of these features work (env. Cache and clamping)
Can someone upload a small scene with the problem. i don't know in general i've No fireflies or splotch issue since 2.3 .

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Oscar9531

Post by Oscar9531 »

Sharlybg wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:39 am
I don't know.

Can someone upload a small scene with the problem. i don't know in general i've No fireflies or splotch issue since 2.3 .
Oh sorry :( I forgot to save the file but I recreated it quickly, The problem is that I use small clamp values... I even have a problem weeks ago with the clamp so I think that the clamp in luxcore works differently, but it is what I think

This is the file using Enviroment Light Cache... Im unsing in this scene 0.02 clamp to get those spots on purpose, the problem is that I was using the sugested value always, in this case the sugested value is 0.00002 (really crazy)

Right now Im testing the interior scene I have to solve the problem in the best way I can
The attachment ELC.blend is no longer available
untitled1.png
Oscar9531

Post by Oscar9531 »

Oscar9531 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:09 am
Sharlybg wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:39 am
I don't know.

Oh sorry :( I forgot to save the file but I recreated it quickly, The problem is that I use small clamp values... I even have a problem weeks ago with the clamp so I think that the clamp in luxcore works differently, but it is what I think

This is the file using Enviroment Light Cache... Im unsing in this scene 0.02 clamp to get those spots on purpose, the problem is that I was using the sugested value always, in this case the sugested value is 0.00002 (really crazy)

Right now Im testing the interior scene I have to solve the problem in the best way I can

ELC.blend

untitled1.png
Sorry use this file, I forgot to save the textures of the plant :mrgreen: :oops:
ELC.zip
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Oscar9531 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:12 am

ELC.zip
Set Env. Light Caching Quality to 1.0. This should help.
LuxCoreCaches
LuxCoreCaches
Just a short render test:
Env. Light Caching_CPU, clamp 0.1, 256 samples, 0.75x, env. light q. 1.0
Env. Light Caching_CPU, clamp 0.1, 256 samples, 0.75x, env. light q. 1.0
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1