holdouts in blender 2.80

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
grimsby

holdouts in blender 2.80

Post by grimsby »

I am trying out Luxcore, have a scene setup from cycles. Have holdouts setup for different parts in my scene for render layers but Luxcore ignores these settings. Does Luxcore have something I need to enable for these to work or is it an entirely different workflow
Thanks,
Craig
zeealpal

Re: holdouts in blender 2.80

Post by zeealpal »

The conversion of Cycles to LuxCore materials is a best attempt, and doesn't support all features.

You won't really get the best out of LuxCore if you just translate the Cycles nodes, some of the materials work a lot better from scratch. I don't think LuxCore has a holdout material
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

LuxCore has a general transparency (or was called opacity in Blender ?) plug available in all materials. Isn't what you are looking for ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

LuxCore has no equivalent to the Cycles holdout material at the moment.
However, you can work around this, for example by masking in the compositor using the material ID.
Dade wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:22 am LuxCore has a general transparency (or was called opacity in Blender ?) plug available in all materials. Isn't what you are looking for ?
The holdout shader sets alpha=0 on its surface: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/late ... ldout.html