DLSC test

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: DLSC test

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Dade wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:56 am It looks like BlendLuxCore is not exposing the warmup property I was talking about. You need that one.
Please, if possible in alpha 5.

And thanks for the info, Dade. I scanned all .py files in addon to find this property yesterday, but there it isn‘t.

(Often useful commented code by the way, B.Y.O.P.)
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

And here I was hoping that DLCS would eventualy hide even the existing settings rather than exposing more parameters prone to user error and requiring endless testrenders.

Also, is opacity mapped plane really a fast way to calculate lighting? Isn't opacity mapped source hard to compute?(compared to geometry?)
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:27 am And here I was hoping that DLCS would eventualy hide even the existing settings rather than exposing more parameters prone to user error and requiring endless testrenders.
When a new feature like the denoiser or DLSC is introduced, I usually expose all parameters at first because I don't know myself which ones will be needed and which ones can be auto-computed or left at defaults.
That's also why almost none of these parameters have descriptions yet: I don't know myself what exactly each knob does and where it is useful.
Once I get feedback from alpha testers and Dade, I can refine the settings and expose only those that are needed, and add useful descriptions.