The big ring - an isometric take on high jewelry - Rendered with Luxcore

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
joyasrohrbach
Donor
Donor

The big ring - an isometric take on high jewelry - Rendered with Luxcore

Post by joyasrohrbach »

This ring was designed during advanced teaching for a client. The design is based on a photo of a real life design from their catalog, and they needed it to be recreated in 3D.

Final render, Luxcore latest build, 5K render, 1000 samples, light tracing,104 minutes render time
SL1.jpg
The render has very few touch-ups.

The model was created during a 4 hours class in 3Design, a CAD software for profesional jewelry design. The client did not request a render to be made, but the design deserved at least a try. So I obviously went and downloaded the most recent LUXCORE build. I was most pleased to see that it work wonders in Blender 2.93
SL2.jpg
SL3.jpg
My goal was to achieved a very high quality render for this specifically high jewelry design, and to achieve that render with beautiful caustics (which are seldom seen in real life - you would need by example the direct sunlight to photograph that with gemstones and gold - Oh but when they do, that shine and sparkles are mesmerizing!) and also to make it as an isometric render to give it a special touch of originality and actuality (that was after making the "usual" render, when I realized first that, I had never made an isometric realistic render, and that it would be very interesting to do one for this ring). I hope I have succeded, I don't know, you will be the judges.

The ring seems to have a chaotic shape, but I am posting the side view to show that on the contrary, this ring as a very solid structure, and even looks like a flower, a tulip by example. When trying to photograph rings, something you will notice very quickly, is that many rings despite having amazing designs, look really bad from almost any angle, looking deformed (to the point that it is very often impossible to get a good angle of the jewel just by itself!)
SL4.jpg
Let's call this the usual render, Luxcore latest build render, 1000 samples, light tracing, 86 mins
SL5.jpg
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: The big ring - an isometric take on high jewelry - Rendered with Luxcore

Post by Sharlybg »

Great renders. It clear that this time everything look really Sharp even the caustics.
The dispersion look really really awesome too. BTW it is hard to give ameaning to
Rendertime/Resolution without the information about Device used.
CPU ? wich one
GPU ? wich one
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
TAO
Developer
Developer

Re: The big ring - an isometric take on high jewelry - Rendered with Luxcore

Post by TAO »

As I'm struggling to render good jewelry can you give us more information about light setup and materials, please?
Thank you in advance.