Ring on the shelf

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
joyasrohrbach
Donor
Donor

Ring on the shelf

Post by joyasrohrbach »

Ring designed during profesional jewelry teaching for 3DESIGN CAD

The ring was rendered using LUXCORE 2.5 composited with renders made with CYCLES X
smaller.jpg
View of the design
RENDER-3DESIGN-ring-CLASS2-4Kfinal-redes.png
dat_boi

Re: Ring on the shelf

Post by dat_boi »

wow, looks great! how did you do the light flares? was it the glare node in the compositor? everytime i use the glare node, it doesn't look good.
joyasrohrbach
Donor
Donor

Post by joyasrohrbach »

Thank you

The glare, yes indeed the glare effect through composite in Blender turns generally bad for jewels (in something like 90% of the cases)... I made in photo paint :D. Obviously for animation that would be another matter...
nogay

Post by nogay »

It's a very nice visualization. It would be more striking if the stone on the ring was a little clearer. What did you use as the f-stop value?
joyasrohrbach
Donor
Donor

Post by joyasrohrbach »

Yes you are right, the stones look rather not sharp. But I don't know exactly why, and I don't think it is the f-stop (0.02 I have used it many times like this), because all the stones lost their sharp edges... And I noticed way after publishing this render :D :P :lol: I guess I was focusing on too many other things and I might have liked the general result as a whole. It is the first time I witness this fenomena, but I will look into it only if it happens again, because I have too many projects going on. I might check the f-stop anyway, I am always curious.
joyasrohrbach
Donor
Donor

Post by joyasrohrbach »

Thank you @nogay ... So, investigating on the matter of those unsharp or even melted looking gemstones, the HDR was the source of that rather strange fenomena, and not the F-STOP. So, I made a new version, I prefer this new version.
small.png
nogay

Post by nogay »

You are welcome. It looks much better. the hardness and clarity of the diamond is more pronounced.
dat_boi

Post by dat_boi »

joyasrohrbach wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:11 am Yes you are right, the stones look rather not sharp. But I don't know exactly why, and I don't think it is the f-stop (0.02 I have used it many times like this), because all the stones lost their sharp edges... And I noticed way after publishing this render :D :P :lol: I guess I was focusing on too many other things and I might have liked the general result as a whole. It is the first time I witness this fenomena, but I will look into it only if it happens again, because I have too many projects going on. I might check the f-stop anyway, I am always curious.
i always have difficulty with depth of field because if you use too much it will look blurry, but if you dont use enough, the effect isn't noticeable. And its always difficult to judge in the viewport because the final render is alot clearer and the depth of field effect is alot more prominent.