Industrial Design | Sunglasses: Oakley Jawbreakers

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
dat_boi

Industrial Design | Sunglasses: Oakley Jawbreakers

Post by dat_boi »

This project was for my Industrial Design assignment at university.
The task was to model a pair of sunglasses based on a real world example as well as formulate our own branding and logo.

Modelled using Autodesk Fusion 360.
Rendered in Luxcorerender 2.6 alpha through the blendluxcore addon.

(if the images seem slightly "grainy" it is because of my post processing, I usually render to a high sample count and then denoise. I often add noise back in depending on the scene to add realism)

I also had to scale the images down for the forum to allow me to upload.

"Digital Emily" 3D model and textures courtesy of the WikiHuman Project. https://vgl.ict.usc.edu/Data/DigitalEmily2/

-
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Industrial Design | Sunglasses: Oakley Jawbreakers

Post by Sharlybg »

Simply simply Lovely.
Thanks for sharing that refreshing work with Us.
Like the pick with water on the Glass. Wonderfull modelling :)
Would be cool to have them on the gallery
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
dat_boi

Post by dat_boi »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:02 am Simply simply Lovely.
Thanks for sharing that refreshing work with Us.
Like the pick with water on the Glass. Wonderfull modelling :)
Would be cool to have them on the gallery
Thank you so much! I'm flattered you like these renders :D and the modelling!

I was initially unsure about including the render with the water, but i'm glad you like it!
patro

Post by patro »

Personally I think that products rendering is quite difficult to do. There might be mostly something which disappoint you in a render, may it be the reflection of the hdr, or a shadow.. or something else.
It can't be compared to archviz, where you setup a room, adding lights, objects, furniture, which in the end will look easily like a real photo with the right shaders.
Said this, in my opinion you did a great work with the glasses :) especially pic 4 and 6 :)
dat_boi

Post by dat_boi »

patro wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:40 pm Personally I think that products rendering is quite difficult to do. There might be mostly something which disappoint you in a render, may it be the reflection of the hdr, or a shadow.. or something else.
It can't be compared to archviz, where you setup a room, adding lights, objects, furniture, which in the end will look easily like a real photo with the right shaders.
Said this, in my opinion you did a great work with the glasses :) especially pic 4 and 6 :)
thank you! i'm glad you like it, and you're right, I also believe product rendering is quite difficult to do. There is always something that disappoints me in my own renders. Sometimes things look too simple, sometimes they look too complex. Sometimes there is not enough contrast, sometimes there is too much contrast.

I'm grateful that Luxcorerender allows me to achieve the realism I'm looking for
patro

Post by patro »

dat_boi wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:47 am
patro wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:40 pm .......... and you're right, I also believe product rendering is quite difficult to do. There is always something that disappoints me in my own renders. Sometimes things look too simple, sometimes they look too complex. Sometimes there is not enough contrast, sometimes there is too much contrast.
Exactly :D sometimes reflections looks to sharp, sometimes too blurred, sometimes not contrasted, sometimes then too dark, especially on tiny metal surfaces it's a pain in the a... :D