FELIX tests

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
daros

FELIX tests

Post by daros »

Here I'm going to show some old scenes that we created with Maxwell Render and have now converted to Luxcore.
If Maxwell is the most accurate rendering engine in the world, Luxcore must be the most accurate rendering engine in the universe.
Why?
Because Luxcore does everything better.
- The Fresnel curves of materials are much more accurate. You have to be a wizard to get a correct Fresnel curve in Maxwell.
- With only 16 light bounces Luxcore outperforms Maxwell Render in light distribution accuracy.
- Luxcore handles caustic reflections, Maxwell not.
- Maxwell often decides not to calculate some very important light paths.
- Luxcore's material system is much more powerful.
- Luxcore's image pipeline + OCIO is very powerful.
- Luxcore is faster because it doesn't do voxelization (Maxwell can take 3 minutes on large scenes)
- Luxcore is up to 100 times faster in scenes with a lot of transparencies, for example in scenes with a lot of trees.
- Luxcore is up to 100 times faster to build scenes in memory with millions of instances.
- Luxcore is faster because given a certain accuracy you need to reach, luxcore will arrive first because Maxwell will never arrive (Maxwell simply do not converges correctly).

An earlier version of this image was already posted in the WIP forum, but this one has some corrections.
camera-final01 4000x2000 B_1.jpg
Last edited by daros on Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patro

Re: FELIX tests

Post by patro »

Would be nice to see the Maxwell render too.
I've used maxwell, Arion, Indigo in the past while there was no exporter for Luxrender. But once I've got my fingers on Luxrender and after on Luxcorerender it was love at first sight :)
I still use vray, and it has the "brute force-brute force" rendering method, which is said to be unbiased. I have no technical knowledge on this.... but but, LuxCoreRender is way faster than vray on the same scenes, and and the denoising process takes up just few seconds, while on vray it takes ages.
daros

Post by daros »

Hi Patro, unfortunately i wasn't able to render exatly the same scene set-up with maxwell so i can only post an older version of the scene which is slightly different. This render toke in Maxwell about 8 hours. The glass in the foreground looks lighter as the luxcore version because it doesn't cast shadows.
view09final_1.jpg
Last edited by daros on Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daros

Post by daros »

Other scene.
View 03 2000x1200_2.jpg
patro

Post by patro »

daros wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:16 pm Other scene.

View 03 2000x1200_2.jpg
superbe!
patro

Post by patro »

daros wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:14 pm Hi Patro, unfortunately i wasn't able to render exatly the same scene set-up with maxwell so i can only post an older version of the scene which is slightly different. This render toke in Maxwell about 8 hours. The glass in the foreground looks lighter as the luxcore version because it doesn't cast shadows.

view09final_1.jpg
well Luxcore did an awesome work in this scene.
as for the foreground glass, you can achieve the same result like in maxwell, there is a specific setting in the render setting.
If you look in work in progress forum, there are many topic about glass, and how to set up luxcore to achieve transparent neat glass.
daros

Post by daros »

Thanks!
daros

Post by daros »

Night view
View 04 2000x1166 night_1.jpg
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Great job dude, i like to see more glossiness and perhaps a little bit of reflection on surfaces.
daros

Post by daros »

You are right, here is the original:

https://www.napolidavivere.it/wp-conten ... 3rl29g.jpg

however the light conditions are a bit different.