Red Wine

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
Continuum

Red Wine

Post by Continuum »

Simulated & Rendered in Deep FX Studio
Last edited by Continuum on Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Continuum

Re: Red Wine

Post by Continuum »

Simulated & Rendered in Deep FX Studio
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Lighting and reflection on the glass are good and photorealistic but
the wine inside is strange. the color the IOR and maybe the volume priority should be checked.
vin.jpg
vin-rouge-pas-cher.jpg
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Continuum

Post by Continuum »

It looks excellent to me, it fits the mood of the scene.The refractive index values are real world. I personally like it. The animation is excellent (maybe embedded mp4 tags should be enabled for small files? Any way posting that on Youtube later,there is a short clip here also https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v2kBgd).
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

I get the feeling that the normals on the inside of the cup are reversed. causing a strange refraction.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

it is a good point to start and can be better the wine itself somehow not quite good enough and need more work.
Continuum

Post by Continuum »

Nope, normal's are perfectly fine double checked. Its not perfect, but I like it the way it is. It demonstrates what it is selling well. I'm sure a better artist can get better results, but that is not the point of the piece, or a limitation of the tools.
bestman8

Post by bestman8 »

JulianoLisboa wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:43 pm I get the feeling that the normals on the inside of the cup are reversed. causing a strange refraction.
i think that it feels more like a layer of air. that the liquid is smaller than the glass giving some strange results
Continuum

Post by Continuum »

bestman8 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:15 am
JulianoLisboa wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:43 pm I get the feeling that the normals on the inside of the cup are reversed. causing a strange refraction.
i think that it feels more like a layer of air. that the liquid is smaller than the glass giving some strange results
I think Sharlybg covered that in one of his videos, I believe the liquid mesh should intersect the glass in order to get the correct look. That I am aware of, the look is intentional, the liquid mesh fits perfectly in the cup, no intersections.

For some strange reason I am having trouble visiting the forums without a VPN, is anyone else having this issue?
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Continuum wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:16 pm For some strange reason I am having trouble visiting the forums without a VPN, is anyone else having this issue?
No. you always can check this kind of issues with https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/