New Free Shader Package

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

New Free Shader Package

Post by Sharlybg »

Thanks to patrons amazing support we are glad to share with you the next free shader update of LUXCORE ONLINE LIBRARY :D .
75 Shaders :

__Asphalt
__Road
__Woods
__Ground
__Leather
__Bricks
__Sand Beach
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

Make sure to hit the update table of content button (TOC) under LOL to see new update.
TOC.jpg
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
TAO
Developer
Developer

Re: New Free Shader Package

Post by TAO »

Bonjour Charles.
I see you have a conversation about extending the LOL plugin to 3dsmax and collaboration about it.
I think once I asked for it but I do not know when. in my opinion, it is a very good idea to convert all scenes and material to be usable inside 3dsmax and of course, it is a good idea to have it. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Also, great material set.
Cordialement.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

TAO wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:37 pm Bonjour Charles.
I see you have a conversation about extending the LOL plugin to 3dsmax and collaboration about it.
I think once I asked for it but I do not know when. in my opinion, it is a very good idea to convert all scenes and material to be usable inside 3dsmax and of course, it is a good idea to have it. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Cordialement.
Bonjour Omid !

En effet l'idée me plait énormement. Seulement j ai aucune idée des pré-réquis du genre quel format de fichier utilser puisque j'ai que des fichiers blend. En tant que Dev MAX je me demande si tu n'a pas par hasard une idée de la marche a suivre.

Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

If you save from Blender in LuxCore format, you can than read objects and material/texture defintions in 3DsMax via LuxCore (you will have to translate them to 3DsMax internal format).
You could have LoL in a vendor neutral format (aka LuxCore) and than import in any apps (Blender, 3DsMax, etc.).
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Dade wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:21 pm If you save from Blender in LuxCore format, you can than read objects and material/texture defintions in 3DsMax via LuxCore (you will have to translate them to 3DsMax internal format).
You could have LoL in a vendor neutral format (aka LuxCore) and than import in any apps (Blender, 3DsMax, etc.).
Thank you that's a great idea, so I can use filesaver to save format and there is another function to read these files or we need to write this part?
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Sharlybg wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:56 pm
TAO wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:37 pm Bonjour Charles.
Cordialement.
Bonjour Omid !

En effet l'idée me plait énormement. Seulement j ai aucune idée des pré-réquis du genre quel format de fichier utilser puisque j'ai que des fichiers blend. En tant que Dev MAX je me demande si tu n'a pas par hasard une idée de la marche a suivre.
in the worst way, i can pay someone to convert materials one by one, but as Dade mention already there is a better solution available already. we can give it a try.
Of course, having a smaller object size with modifiers is another option that can be considered too. we can test which one is more effective and then start to work on it.
généralement, c'est une bonne idée.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

in the worst way, i can pay someone to convert materials one by one, but as Dade mention already there is a better solution available already. we can give it a try.
Or maybe a blender script to auto export matrials into luxcore format.
Of course, having a smaller object size with modifiers is another option that can be considered too
Not sure to understand this part. :mrgreen:

Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

TAO wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:31 am Thank you that's a great idea, so I can use filesaver to save format and there is another function to read these files or we need to write this part?
They will be written as .ply (for geometries) and .scn (for texture materials). Then they can be read by LuxCore but the API currently lack the function to access some part of the loaded information. Up to now was required only to pass that kind of information to LuxCore, not to receive them.

However is pretty easy to add this kind of new functions.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:09 am
Or maybe a blender script to auto export matrials into luxcore format.
Of course, having a smaller object size with modifiers is another option that can be considered too
Not sure to understand this part. :mrgreen:
the script is a good idea too, I already create a few scripts to convert Vray and Standards material to LuxCore maybe we can update them to use with this one too.

In 3d software, if you load the .py file or mesh file it will take much more memory than low poly objects with modifiers.
For example, a procedural teapot or a vase (line with lathe modifier) compare to .py version is very different in using memory while you are in viewport, for render not that different.
But it is nothing to think about it now, maybe in the future.
For now I will focus on what Dade said and try to use the object directly with LuxCore in .py format and .scene to see what happen first.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

I create a small test to convert lux objects from blender to 3dsmax it is working but needs more work, before i go to the next step i need a few scenes or objects to work with.