New Free Shader Package

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: New Free Shader Package

Post by Sharlybg »

TAO wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:42 pm I create a small test to convert lux objects from blender to 3dsmax it is working but needs more work, before i go to the next step i need a few scenes or objects to work with.
That is awesome news indeed. And you can start right out of the box with blendluxcore embeded library free assets.
Just open blender with blendluxcore copy already installed and after that drag and drop free assets you want to test.
Make sure to select Append instead of link in the N panel Luxcore online library parameter.

Great Job :)
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Great, just one question.
Am i doing something wrong, because it will be stuck on 0% all the time?
Screenshot 2021-05-03 031003.jpg
If i try many times finally it will download a few objects but even with the download manager, it takes time to start the download.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

i manage to test a few scenes and i think the automatic conversation of the scenes from Blender to 3dsmax won't work as it expected, because there are many shader/map nodes in blender that not exist in 3dsmax.
For example Pointiness, Band, etc.
So either i need to create a map for this situation or think of another solution.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

I tried the Dade solution and it was perfectly working with the current objects, load Ply, and textures in LuxCore format but I face another issue, and that is the objects and materials are not editable and they are all statics. for using the pack exactly as it is there is no issue but most artists want to be free to edit objects and more likely materials that make it a bit complicated.
Any idea or solution here ?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

TAO wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:01 pm I tried the Dade solution and it was perfectly working with the current objects, load Ply, and textures in LuxCore format but I face another issue, and that is the objects and materials are not editable and they are all statics. for using the pack exactly as it is there is no issue but most artists want to be free to edit objects and more likely materials that make it a bit complicated.
You need to translate the properties in your 3DsMax nodes tree (i.e. 3DsMax material and texture definitions).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Dade wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:59 pm
TAO wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:01 pm I tried the Dade solution and it was perfectly working with the current objects, load Ply, and textures in LuxCore format but I face another issue, and that is the objects and materials are not editable and they are all statics. for using the pack exactly as it is there is no issue but most artists want to be free to edit objects and more likely materials that make it a bit complicated.
You need to translate the properties in your 3DsMax nodes tree (i.e. 3DsMax material and texture definitions).
yes, that's what I'm intending too but there are too many parameters and it needs lots of times, another thing is not all nodes exist in 3dsmax so I face big issues with this kind of node. most of the dynamic nodes do not exist in 3dsmax.