369 Armchair

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
Ahr0n

369 Armchair

Post by Ahr0n »

A personal project with my furniture design made in LuxCore. Hope you guys enjoy it : - )

Full project on Behance:https://www.behance.net/gallery/108131517/369-Armchair

Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: 369 Armchair

Post by Sharlybg »

Nice creative project ;)
Thanks for sharing !
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Ahr0n

Post by Ahr0n »

Thank you Dravia : )
b2przemo

Post by b2przemo »

Oh, such a nice tribute to 366 - one of my favourite scandinavian chairs
I like the presentation and the velvet fabric comes out quite well.
Ahr0n

Post by Ahr0n »

Thank you! I'm not sure if you're talking about the same armchair, but the original 366 armchair is made by Polish designer Józef Chierowski from 60'. : - )
b2przemo

Post by b2przemo »

Ahr0n wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:26 pm Thank you! I'm not sure if you're talking about the same armchair, but the original 366 armchair is made by Polish designer Józef Chierowski from 60'. : - )
Yeap. Exactly about the same :) I modeled one whole 366 family - fox, bunny, 366 all variants like two-person sofas, rocking chair versions as well. I don't render them in Lux yet, but who knows... anyway, I like Your idea - the products have nice curvatures in the frame, the overall design is quite well balanced (the frame don't "vanish" in the whole view), and still keep the feel of Chierowski design.
IMO the fabric material (velvet) looks very good - I've always struggled with this type of upholstery.
Ahr0n

Post by Ahr0n »

Dziękuję jeszcze raz : - )

Saw your amazing renders of 366 sofa! Chierowski did also this variation and few others, even the metal one was made for a prototype but never went into production. This really interested me and also the fact that Chierowski always wanted to remove the screws that were merging the frame with upholstery. Definitely the technologies in early 60' and economic situation in Eastern Europe didn't allow such designers to pursue their most advanced and extraordinary projects.

For me this was the anchor point. I just thought about Chierowski's project and asked myself - how could it look in today's, modern and contemporary version with addition of beautiful but cold and rough architecture. That's why the idea of combing both warm and cold materials came together : - )

I really appreciate your comments! It's a great honor for me that you like it and it literally gives me a kick and a boost for next projects ;-)