Luxcore displacement

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Luxcore displacement

Post by Sharlybg »

New tutorial available on Displacement topic.

gravel / mountains / terrain / Bricks walls / Paved road etc .....

Discover how to setup a luxcore shading base displacement.
Antelope_canyon+txt.jpg

Youtube Link

https://youtu.be/OrgCGEJL_sk

Blenderartists
https://blenderartists.org/t/luxcore-ca ... al/1216655
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Racleborg

Re: Luxcore displacement

Post by Racleborg »

Many thanks for yet another of your awesome tutorials.

(I'm profoundly deaf - cochlear implant user) I'm struggling to hear what you are saying more than usual? Is the sound ok - I can't really tell? or is It just be me and a flat hearing aid battery suffering lockdown!? :lol: ;)
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

I'd like to make a suggestion about displacement.

If you have a base mesh not so much subdivided and you use high level of subdivision on displacement nodes, you have to care about that the subdivision set on the displacement nodes are used as subdivision for the material preview...so you could easily eat completely your ram while Luxrender trying to subdivide the 3d model used as preview mesh in the preview material.

I've learned on my own... :)
Is it possible to add a disclaimer in the sudvision nodes in the material editor about this?
Or disable the displacement for the material preview.
wasd

Post by wasd »

Racleborg wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:25 pm Many thanks for yet another of your awesome tutorials.

(I'm profoundly deaf - cochlear implant user) I'm struggling to hear what you are saying more than usual? Is the sound ok - I can't really tell? or is It just be me and a flat hearing aid battery suffering lockdown!? :lol: ;)
The sound is definetely is not ok. Sound of fans seems quiter than before, but there's a lot of room for improvement. I mean, I still don't want to listen to this. @Sharlybg what software do you use to record movies? Does it have some noise damping or whatever. People might think you're deliberately torturing them.
CPU Bidir + Metropolis | Core i5-4570
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

The sound is definetely is not ok. Sound of fans seems quiter than before, but there's a lot of room for improvement. I mean, I still don't want to listen to this. @Sharlybg what software do you use to record movies? Does it have some noise damping or whatever. People might think you're deliberately torturing them.
Woahou i don't really ear all that funky noise issue when i listen to the Video on youtube.

What is the noise issue. PC cooling fan ? Keyboard sound ?
People talking arround me or making noise ?

Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

@Sharlybg
As I say, it may just be me and problems with my hearing aid which is very sensitive to noise; after all it is trying to replace 14000 hair cells with just 21 electrodes!
The unfortunate thing about audio filters to remove background noise (as previously suggested) is that, at least to some extent, they also remove the required frequencies from the NOT-noise audio. These systems look for a constant noise/frequency then attempt to compress that noise/frequency and filter it out from the audio that is seen as Not-noise. The problem is that that those frequencies may intermittently be needed to understand the Not-noise audio. For example, if the low frequency is filtered out due to the rumble from a car engine, then this may make words that contain low frequencies to be interpreted incorrectly: so ‘But’ might sound like ‘T’, and vice versa, if the issue is in the high frequencies then ‘But’ might sound like ‘Bu’. My explanation is fairly crude, but it’s the basics of the process.
So, prevention is generally better than cure:
Is the microphone resting on a tabletop that is also picking up the rumble from the fans? Try clipping it to your shirt or, if too large, wear a shirt with a top pocket and rest the microphone in it.
Trying to put the microphone nearer to your mouth and further from the fans.
Cheap cables can also be a real problem as they will pick up the electronic noise from the power cables to your PC/mac (this frequency can vary depending on what country you live in due to difference currents). In pro studios, microphones can also have ‘phantom power’ (48volts) to help solve this issue.
Anyway, I hope the above is of some help. It’s been many years since I was a sound-engineer, so apology if I’ve got any of the facts wrong.
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

I don't notice any general change in your audio comparing videos from the last year or even two. There is a bit of variation in the background or fan noises from video to video. There's definitely no problem with cable noise or interference.
You also have a calm and quiet voice, which in this situation might add to some people having trouble understanding you.
I don't think there's something wrong in general like broken hardware.

As Racleborg said, you can move the microphone closer - if you can. Judging by the key strokes, it sounds a bit like this is recorded from a laptop's inbuilt microphone? If it is a laptop, you can also try to record videos in a quieter room before you would go off to buy something ;)
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Thanks for all advice guys. Will do my best to make it better and easier as much as possible.

Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

@Sharlybg

Your tutorials are great - I really enjoy them and learn lots from them. Even if the sound was turned off completely I could still understand them. :)