Nixie Lights thing

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
caretaker

Nixie Lights thing

Post by caretaker »

Hello, this would be my first render using Luxcore, i have to say i`m loving its features compared to cycles.
Luxcore

Cycles
Attachments
Light 1.jpg
Light 2.jpg
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Nixie Lights thing

Post by Sharlybg »

Nice to see another Luxcore render. I suppose lux image is the one above. If yes we can help to make detail more visible. And provide tip and trick for render time.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
caretaker

Re: Nixie Lights thing

Post by caretaker »

Sharlybg wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:15 am Nice to see another Luxcore render. I suppose lux image is the one above. If yes we can help to make detail more visible. And provide tip and trick for render time.
yes to one above is luxcore, i tried to recreate the same materials but not that easy :D
While i`m learning the Luxcore render was created using luxcore materials and not cycles one, so glass clearly is way more advanced then cycles.
While i rendered this using 2000 samples on my laptop (CPU+CPU open CL) i reached 1h and 20 min with little denoise impact. I am happy with this render time, however most of this render time was because of depth of field, if i turn it off and solve it later in post probably it would render in half the time.
Details are always a welcome improvement as the glass uses a grudge map as a roughness, not having a color ramp and only a brightness and contrast node i need to experiment further to learn how to achive the desired result.
Next i would probably add a bump/normal map for the mettal to achive the machined carved look.
Overall luxcore materials work similar but identical to Cycles`s. Any tips are allways welcome