Symbiosis: A Bumblebee and its Caustics

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
kintuX

Re: Symbiosis: A Bumblebee and its Caustics

Post by kintuX »

Your image is simply buzzzing through these eyes and into my mind :mrgreen: so lively!
FXtend

Post by FXtend »

Wow, thanks guys, your comments mean a lot to me :)
FXtend

Post by FXtend »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:55 pm It looks really dreamy and atmospheric.
Can I put it in our gallery?
If yes, please tell me which name I should use to credit you (your nickname or your real name) and if I should link to a website/portfolio.
Wow, thanks :)
It would be an honor to be featured in the gallery of the most awesome render engine ever :shock:
You could use my real name (Josef Karlsson) and I guess you could put a link to my little website.
FXtend

Post by FXtend »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:49 pm Cinematic, fantastic picture! All this details and the unbelievable lighting. What an amazing, wonderful final work!
Great job! What’s next?

Could you share some details like number of samples and rendering time, please?
About 12K samples but you don't want to know the render time ;)
Okay, 664 hours.

As for what's next, well, I don't know... Maybe something that doesn't take four weeks to render?
FXtend

Post by FXtend »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:55 pm It looks really dreamy and atmospheric.
Can I put it in our gallery?
If yes, please tell me which name I should use to credit you (your nickname or your real name) and if I should link to a website/portfolio.
By the way, you can call it only "Symbiosis" in the gallery; the rest of the title wasn't that serious.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

FXtend wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:36 pm
About 12K samples but you don't want to know the render time ;)
Okay, 664 hours.

As for what's next, well, I don't know... Maybe something that doesn't take four weeks to render?
A render time of almost 28 days is pretty extreme but the result justifies it.
Did you realize if you take electric power of 100 W and a price of 0.2 € per 1 kWh into account your image costs approx. 132.8 €? Regarding your time spent in hours, estimating 4 h per week since 2016 you worked 520 hours, maybe at a rate of 12.50 €/h, equivalent to 6‘300 € for the work time and 104 € for electricity, all together say approx. 6‘500 €. This is grossly blatant. :D
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1