A buttoned chair

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
Racleborg

A buttoned chair

Post by Racleborg »

Hi

This is my first and very amateurish render.

Please forgive some of the dodgy geometry, particularly in the buttoning (some of the normals are facing the wrong way, but the effect I think can give an interesting look in some parts of the model so I've left them. I put the red rag on the back just to cover an area that had completely fallen apart ;)

The velvet shader was used.

I just like the way the light looks so natural in Luxcore (no HDRI is used). I'm unable to get it looking as realistic in other renderers (this could of course be down to my own lack of know-how).

Please criticise away as I'm much in need of guidance!

Thank you
Attachments
lux rosa dark green.jpg
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: A buttoned chair

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Looking good.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Thank you BYOB.

I would like to create a version with distressed leather, if I can work out how to make the material. ;) (Chesterfield type)
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Great, smooth irregular velvet like texture.
Awful model of a comfortable looking chair.

Awaiting leather or vintage version.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

FarbigeWelt

Thank you for your comments. I'll get practising on the comfort look. How would you make it look more comfy?

Vintage look would be great, but my attempts so far at making a distressed leather have been very poor.

Cheers
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Racleborg wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:22 am Vintage look would be great, but my attempts so far at making a distressed leather have been very poor.
Currently I have not much experiences with textures. And it is probably quite time demanding to experiment with the procedural textures, options seem to be endless as soon as you start to mix, add, subtract or multiply them.
One of my personal favourite is utils>band in combination with texture fBM or wrinkled.
There are some nice blender textures too, like blend, wood or marble.

(Maybe there is a also a use case for texture noise/distorted noise but I did not see any effect using them up to now.)

You can plug all this kind of ouput into different Glossy Transluscent nodes to get different organic looks.
To get an idea of the effect I use matte and view port render.

(Because some material properties require BiDir I am happy looking forward to alpha 5.)

Regards
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

FarbigeWelt

Thank you for your advice. I will try it all out in due course.