First low-key interior test with LuxCore

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
johannes.wilde

First low-key interior test with LuxCore

Post by johannes.wilde »

I just installed LuxCore for the first time yesterday and i ask myself, why i haven't used it all the time before.
Blender-integration works like a charme, rendered viewport starts fast and the rendersettings are highly customizable to the needs of your scene. Interiors seem to work as well as in Corona.
I'm looking foward to dig all the functions and benefits of LuxCore.
saeter_17_ps.jpg
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: First low-key interior test with LuxCore

Post by Sharlybg »

It is always a great pleasure to see someone else re-discover all the potential inside this engine ;) great work BTW.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

interesting that with that low level of lighting there is not so much noise.

Did you use denoiser?
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

marcatore wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:07 pm interesting that with that low level of lighting there is not so much noise.

Did you use denoiser?
are you really not seeing all the terrible denoising artifacts. Or is it me hallucinating? :D
sarmath

Post by sarmath »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:16 pm
marcatore wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:07 pm interesting that with that low level of lighting there is not so much noise.

Did you use denoiser?
are you really not seeing all the terrible denoising artifacts. Or is it me hallucinating? :D
Yep. Details are gone after denoising..... that's why I did not used BCD in my Blue Butterflies scene. After 6 hours of rendering my scene denoising was still destructive :(
WIndows 11 Pro Ryzen 7 5700x RTX 3090 32 GB RAM
johannes.wilde

Post by johannes.wilde »

True. Especially for i just rendered the scene for about 12 minutes the denoiser eates a lot of datail. For me at the moment it is still enough to get a feeling for how LuxCore deals with low-key interior scenes.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

johannes.wilde wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:54 am True. Especially for i just rendered the scene for about 12 minutes the denoiser eates a lot of datail. For me at the moment it is still enough to get a feeling for how LuxCore deals with low-key interior scenes.
it does well and the performance is really impressive.
Denoiser is it's biggest weaknes as it can only deal with very faint residual noise, making it pretty much useless.

Even good performers like corona or vray that have gi caching need good denoisers . Corona has 2 in fact.

Nvidia's ai denoiser works like magic and can denoise interactively not only preserving edge and texture detail but works even on super noisy images. I wish someone would implement it in luxcore.
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

Did you use denoiser?
No, I can't see any small pixel noise. I just see some "not so much contrasted" splotches, I suppose due to the denoiser.
In which areas do you see noise?
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

marcatore wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:59 am

Did you use denoiser?
No, I can't see any small pixel noise. I just see some "not so much contrasted" splotches, I suppose due to the denoiser.
In which areas do you see noise?
I didn't say that I see noise in the image, I said denoising artifacts, or as you called them "not so much contrasted" splotches.