Laci's wip

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Laci's wip

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

If you don't plan to scatter hundreds of palms, you could use group instances instead of hair particles and distribute them manually.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 am If you don't plan to scatter hundreds of palms, you could use group instances instead of hair particles and distribute them manually.
I don't scatter palms, they are placed manually. Hair was on the palm but it will always stay in it's original position even if I move linked object(palm) away.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:43 am
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 am If you don't plan to scatter hundreds of palms, you could use group instances instead of hair particles and distribute them manually.
I don't scatter palms, they are placed manually. Hair was on the palm but it will always stay in it's original position even if I move linked object(palm) away.
Have you tried to make hair real? There is a way to make a mesh object from particles. Check the blender manual. Work woth a copy of the scene because it is a tricky way to go.
Do not forget to make mesh object using one user only (should be in the vertex menu, some button in the menu line, I mean the menu you can define e.g. vertex groups). If you do not make single user, you may get a real mess.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:29 pm
lacilaci wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:43 am
Have you tried to make hair real? There is a way to make a mesh object from particles. Check the blender manual. Work woth a copy of the scene because it is a tricky way to go.
Do not forget to make mesh object using one user only (should be in the vertex menu, some button in the menu line, I mean the menu you can define e.g. vertex groups). If you do not make single user, you may get a real mess.
I know how to convert particles to object, however with hair this would result in completely insane poycounts (hair+children). For now I'm staying away from hair. Next time I'd either be fixed or I'll append objects.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

random preview of the day..
pool, glass, heavy tinted glass, unclamped sunlight no denoising no arch.glass
rp11.jpg
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Is it possible to get transparent alpha from glass shader? (not architectural)
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm Is it possible to get transparent alpha from glass shader? (not architectural)
You can make any material transparent, it is a general material attribute and it is not related to glass (it is just the % of rays that will pass trough). For instance, you may want to use a 50% transparent mirror.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Dade wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:06 pm
lacilaci wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm Is it possible to get transparent alpha from glass shader? (not architectural)
You can make any material transparent, it is a general material attribute and it is not related to glass (it is just the % of rays that will pass trough). For instance, you may want to use a 50% transparent mirror.
I understand, but I want only alpha channel to have this transparency. So that I can compose background in post since I cannot use ocean mesh.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:13 pm I understand, but I want only alpha channel to have this transparency. So that I can compose background in post since I cannot use ocean mesh.
Ok, I think you need to use OBJECT_ID_MASK AOV to get the mask of "glass" object, once you have the mask you can use photoshop/gimp/Blender for any type of compositing you may need :idea:

OBJECT_ID_MASK AOV isn't exactly the transparency but they are values between 0.0 and 1.0 so it can be scaled to any level of transparency you need (during post-processing/compositing).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Dade wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:20 pm
lacilaci wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:13 pm I understand, but I want only alpha channel to have this transparency. So that I can compose background in post since I cannot use ocean mesh.
Ok, I think you need to use OBJECT_ID_MASK AOV to get the mask of "glass" object, once you have the mask you can use photoshop/gimp/Blender for any type of compositing you may need :idea:

OBJECT_ID_MASK AOV isn't exactly the transparency but they are values between 0.0 and 1.0 so it can be scaled to any level of transparency you need (during post-processing/compositing).
Oh I see :idea:
Thank you, I know what I have to do!