Laci's wip

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Re: Laci's wip

Post by marcatore »

lacilaci wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:01 am
marcatore wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:50 am have you never tried some fake caustics using texture on an area light? Something like a caustics projector
But you also need to make sure they don't appear in shadows from the sun...
If you put opacity to 0, your area light is invisibile to the other light source (if I understood what you wrote)
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

marcatore wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:31 am
lacilaci wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:01 am
marcatore wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:50 am have you never tried some fake caustics using texture on an area light? Something like a caustics projector
But you also need to make sure they don't appear in shadows from the sun...
If you put opacity to 0, your area light is invisibile to the other light source (if I understood what you wrote)
No, there is always something in the pool (or it might be pool itself) that casts some shadows.. In those shadows caustics cannot appear.

If you project caustics from top down then they will appear everywhere - even in shadows... The only way could in theory be to project them at the same angle as sun, but then you cannot make sure they appear only within the pool properly.

It cannot be faked in a meaningfull and acceptable way in luxcore, but i repeat again.. I'm not looking for workaround, if I was, I'd use cycles where I get the flexibility. I need best looking caustics everyone ever seen :D
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

ah..right... in the shadows there is no caustics... ok... no... faking is not doable at all. You're right
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

lacilaci wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:37 am I need best looking caustics everyone ever seen :D
Cannot await it! I expect your caustics effort as fruitful as your raspberries! :D

(Thou shall not find any serious errors in beta 4. There shall not be such thing as beta 5. There shall be 2.3 alpha 1 asap! :mrgreen:)
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Ok, I'm done with this one... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1460&p=17139#p17139
zuljin3d

Post by zuljin3d »

Very realistic render :o
Great job!
Actualy sorry for my google translate english :)
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Bullet proof render and super caustics.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Very nice!
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

small animation loop I did for my instagram
cutlery_low.mp4
(558.65 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
It's a little bit low quality so that I could post it here (but when I post original on insta it will probably get compressed too anyways)

I'm converting a scene I made in cycles, for final images I want to use luxcore but cycles gave me a lot of good and extremely fast previews.
I'm also probably going to do a lot of smaller animations cause suddenly all of my clients ask for this stuff and I kinda start liking these small loops and anims. I wonder how will everything fall apart once I try this in interior :D - I already figured out that exporting particles might take a loooong time per frame
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

lacilaci wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:44 am I already figured out that exporting particles might take a loooong time per frame
Yes, sorry, I keep postponing the implementation of faster particle export in BlendLuxCore. I should really get that done.