Procedural materials

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
Egert_Kanep

Procedural materials

Post by Egert_Kanep » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:28 pm

I started experimenting with procedural textures and first tried making a wood material.

Things I noticed: When using 3d mapping node, scale displays differently in preview and final render, maybe it only happens with blender textures, didn't check that yet. Scale differences was 100.

Ideas: It would be awesome, if we had a noise distortion node into which we could pipe other noises to have similar flow. In case of wood it would help to align small details to big wood texture. So basically ones has to create a texture and then pipe it into distort node and choose a warping method like wood, marble etc. Right now we already kind of have these things, but I cannot think of a way how to make another noise follow my wood texture flow.
Attachments
procedural_wood.jpg

B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Re: Procedural materials

Post by B.Y.O.B. » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:34 pm

Egert_Kanep wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:28 pm
Things I noticed: When using 3d mapping node, scale displays differently in preview and final render, maybe it only happens with blender textures, didn't check that yet. Scale differences was 100.
See https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendLuxCore/issues/66
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

MichaelNer

Procedural materials

Post by MichaelNer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:02 pm

Hi

Is it possible to render procedural tileable map sequence like cell or noise to files from softimage? I checked with rendermap option but it renders only one frame.

Egert_Kanep

Re: Procedural materials

Post by Egert_Kanep » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:14 pm

MichaelNer wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:02 pm
Hi

Is it possible to render procedural tileable map sequence like cell or noise to files from softimage? I checked with rendermap option but it renders only one frame.
Why would you want to render noise out of 3D software? Most of softwares out there all have similar or same noises built in.