Interior & exterior gghouse

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
Peperepe77

Re: Interior & exterior gghouse

Post by Peperepe77 »

Thank's Dade for explanation!
This scene has a longer "session init time" 15 mins, is it a time to calculate grass particle system? Session init time is to calculate photonGI ?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Peperepe77 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:13 am This scene has a longer "session init time" 15 mins, is it a time to calculate grass particle system? Session init time is to calculate photonGI ?
I think so even if for a real answer I should see the logs. It is a very long pre-processing time. The latest build has also an automatic optimal radius selection and stop conditions: you parameters are probably over the top and case a very long preprocessing.

If you can upload your scene (just the empty room with only walls, windows and background), we can check the settings and look for what could be optimal.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I would disable the Direct Light Sampling Cache (DLSC), it's probably responsible for the long session init time.
The PhotonGI settings look like it is computed very fast. Halt threshold of 57% in PhotonGI is probably even too low quality (preview quality is 15%, final quality is 5%).
Peperepe77

Post by Peperepe77 »

I tried to turn-off particle system, init session is 2 mins.
I try your suggestion BYOB.
Thank's a lot guys
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Particle system conversion is part of the "export time" in the statistics table.
Peperepe77

Post by Peperepe77 »

A new view for this project.
camera2.jpg
Peperepe77

Post by Peperepe77 »

Hi guys, this is an update for exterior scene. I need help to create a good water material for the pool; now is a simple plane with glass material IOR 1,333.I should to add interior or exterior volume? There is a lux tutorial? Here references https://www.archdaily.com/907558/gg-house-sommet
exterior.jpg
Piita
Supporting Users

Post by Piita »

Yes you should add an interior volume for the water. Click the Add button on the material output node and you should now have a clear volume node added for you. Put a slight blue color as absorption color.
The water in your render looks dark. Make sure that transmission and reflection color is full white on the glass node.
node volume.png
node material.png
Piitas.blog
Librem 5 - The privacy focused smart phone
Peperepe77

Post by Peperepe77 »

Thank's Piita, very useful. This setup need a real water mesh? I should model water such as box/volume of interior pool, is it correct?
Now water is a simple plane with glass material, I turn on "architectural" , it results more transparent but a fake water material :D .
I try with volume.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

As long as the camera stays above the water surface, a plane is enough.
Peperepe77 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:05 am I turn on "architectural" , it results more transparent but a fake water material
Unidirectional pathtracing can't render light refracted on the floor below the water efficiently, because it's technically caustics.
"Architectural" glass means that refractions are ignored and the render engine can do direct light sampling through the water, this is fine if the water surface has no waves, but will look fake if the surface has bump/displacement.
For correct rendering of the caustics, you will have to use Bidir + Metropolis.

An interior volume can be used to get correct absorption, and will work fine in all engines.