Interior & exterior gghouse

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
Peperepe77

Interior & exterior gghouse

Post by Peperepe77 »

I found some reference on gghouse on the web. i modeled kitchen view and start to learn luxcore. This render is done 2h45min at 1000 samples, 1800x1200 px on i7 2600+gtx 750.
1-camera 1.jpg
Racleborg

Re: Interior & exterior gghouse

Post by Racleborg »

It looks really impressive. I like it. :)
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Really nice result !

I feel the render time super long. I'm sure this can be done in less than 30mn on same hardware.

PGI + OIDN + Clamping + CPU + GPU all that kill re.der time down a lot. The PGI tutorial scene on Youtube is rendered on 5mn on i7 2600 + 7970.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Fox

Post by Fox »

The render looks pretty photoreal.
Sharlybg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:36 pm PGI + OIDN + Clamping + CPU + GPU all that kill re.der time down a lot.
Sharlybg, is there some advanced technique how to set up OIDN, so it would not be that blurry?
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

With albedo and average normal AOV activated OIDN shouldn't make anything blurry.
But in my Blender OIDN is on by default but the AOVs aren't which can result in blurred textures.

@peperepe77: Great render!
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

epilectrolytics wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:06 am But in my Blender OIDN is on by default but the AOVs aren't
No, if OIDN is used they are enabled silently in the background. You can check this if you open the console and look for the config properties that are printed before each render, they will contain:

Code: Select all

[LuxCore][7.310]   film.outputs.0.type = "ALBEDO"
[LuxCore][7.310]   film.outputs.0.filename = "ALBEDO.exr"
[LuxCore][7.310]   film.outputs.1.type = "AVG_SHADING_NORMAL"
[LuxCore][7.310]   film.outputs.1.filename = "AVG_SHADING_NORMAL.exr"
If you enable/disable them in AOV settings it only affects that they are imported into Blender or not.

From my observations, if OIDN is blurry, it can be fixed by rendering more samples.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Fox wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:16 pm The render looks pretty photoreal.
Sharlybg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:36 pm PGI + OIDN + Clamping + CPU + GPU all that kill re.der time down a lot.
Sharlybg, is there some advanced technique how to set up OIDN, so it would not be that blurry?
OIDN don't have settings. The main things to get short and crispy output is to have good lighting good engine setup so you avoid to waste performance.
I mean your render should be fast already without OIDN.

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:35 am No, if OIDN is used they are enabled silently in the background.
Thanks for clarification!
I didn't know that silent AOVs are possible.
I thought I had observed OIDN blur without AOVs but that might have been in very early stages before background activation was introduced.
Peperepe77

Post by Peperepe77 »

I think 1000 samples is too much, but I try to optimyze it with luxcore learning. Also Photon cache needs some learnin ( I see Sharlybg tutorial). I attach screenshoot luxcore parameters.
I have a question, is it possible to save photoncache in a file and reuse it? Is photoncache view dependent? In mental ray render photon map has a trick&tips: precalculate and save in a file and reuse it, but a 50% resolution, for example, final render is 4k, calculate&storage photon map at 2k and reuse it at 4k for more rendering speed. This file can reused after camera movement (no view dependent) good for animation. Sorry for my bad language :oops:
luxcore setting.jpg
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Peperepe77 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:44 am I have a question, is it possible to save photoncache in a file and reuse it?
Yes with the daily build (but the feature may be not yet exposed in Blender).
Peperepe77 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:44 am Is photoncache view dependent?
Nope.
Peperepe77 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:44 am In mental ray render photon map has a trick&tips: precalculate and save in a file and reuse it, but a 50% resolution, for example, final render is 4k, calculate&storage photon map at 2k and reuse it at 4k for more rendering speed.
It is not necessary, LuxCore PhotonGI work in world coordinates (not screen space) so if you specify the radius, it will be always the same no matter of the resolution. And anyway, the size/resolution of the cache has very little impact on the rendering times so the "2K => 4K" trick is not useful.