Computing Hardware, from Consumer’s to eXtremes

General computer graphic news and papers.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Computing Hardware, from Consumer’s to eXtremes

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Needs power?

I mean real, hot of stating art quite handy extreme compute power?

Even if most private CGI addicts never can afford the latest and greatest kind of silicon work, it is more than worth to throw its eyes on NVIDIA‘s new :arrow: Ampère.

The NVIDIA developer forged a stunning perfect inciter of swift electrons racing through flip-flop labyrinth requiring only four hundred watts, heat piped and air cooled, per master piece, each draining Teras of roaring floating point operation input stream, pouring hundreds of output Gigabytes per second into wide open high speed lanes.

NVIDIA‘s people packed a few of a bit slower version of their GA100, the all of 2020 electronics outshining gadget, the A100, on a multi height server rack.

All those people responsible for research power in very healthy companies and institutions crave all times boundlessly cheater heavy operations per second because their artificial intelligence beast lures them with ever new needful things, crunching data, completely high on Megawatts from fast pulsing power sources.

Enough japing ...

Here is a nice link to a good article in a rather technical and informative, well, quite nerdy language.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidi ... otted.html
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Fox

Re: Computing Hardware, from Consumer’s to eXtremes

Post by Fox »

Maybe nVidia sends out freed product samples.
In my dreams, if nothing else :D

I wonder if this are also more stable / less artifacting, than consumer cards?