not sure where to post :)

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
patro

not sure where to post :)

Post by patro »

Hi, i recently gave a try to luxCoreRender and i notice that the sample scene contained inside can't be loaded. unable to open cornell.scn

I have a request, it is just maquillaje, the UI of lucxore on 4k or retina monitor is almost not readable, could you add a way to increase the size of UI and dropdown menu by 200%.

thank you
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: not sure where to post :)

Post by Dade »

patro wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:19 pm Hi, i recently gave a try to luxCoreRender and i notice that the sample scene contained inside can't be loaded. unable to open cornell.scn
It is a known problem, some path is wrong: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCore/issues/51
patro wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:19 pm I have a request, it is just maquillaje, the UI of lucxore on 4k or retina monitor is almost not readable, could you add a way to increase the size of UI and dropdown menu by 200%.
Ctrl+Mouse Wheel will zoom in/out of any window, for some more keybindings related information: menu Window => Help or press 'h'. It work on Menu too.
But I guess it could be useful to have some persistent preference to set the zoom, for instance to 200%.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
patro

Post by patro »

Dade wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:24 pm But I guess it could be useful to have some persistent preference to set the zoom, for instance to 200%.
thank you Dade,

it would be useful a persistent preference.

I saw that there is in "screen" drop-down menu the preference to set the UI font size to 2.0.
if this could be flag and at every restart of luxcore remember this setting it would be awesome. This is also the only way to fix the dimension of the overlay that shows the rendering pass samples and so on information, even a portion below is cut off, text isn't entirely visible in it's whole height.
I guess I should report this in the bug tracker.

Btw i wasn't able to zoom in nor zoom out the image while rendering.

thank you.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

patro wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:04 pm Btw i wasn't able to zoom in nor zoom out the image while rendering.
If you are in camera edit mode (menu Tool => Camera edit), you move the camera with the mouse (not the image like in the old Lux). To "zoom" the image, just resize the window, the image is scaled up/down to fit the window (the rendering resolution remain the same aside the the aspect ratio).
patro

Post by patro »

Dade wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:42 pm To "zoom" the image, just resize the window, the image is scaled up/down to fit the window (the rendering resolution remain the same aside the the aspect ratio).
thank you Dade,
but this doesn't work for me. When resizing the render window, the image remains the same, no auto fit. the rendering continues in the upper left and the rest is a gray background.
I'm on window 10 running on a bootcamp partition on a macbook pro with retina display.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

What voice of Tool menu do you have selected ?
patro

Post by patro »

Dade wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:46 pm What voice of Tool menu do you have selected ?
sorry for late reply, I've checked now. in tool menu "Image view" is set as default, and it's related to rendering resolution. I've checked this also on my window laptop.
While on a 4k or retina monitor, the highest render resolution like in this example image, or screen resolution with " image view" selected, will occupy around 1/4 of the screen, (see linked image),
Edited:
if you view the image you will see that the resolution of the screenshot on normal monitor 1800px X 2471px is

I suppose in this cases a zoom -/+ option would be good

from the image you can notice how the overlay at the bottom resizes when font size is set to 2.0

Thank you Dade for all your efforts also for caring about this tiny details.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

patro wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 pm
Dade wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:46 pm What voice of Tool menu do you have selected ?
I've checked now. in tool menu "Image view" is set as default,
I don't understand, "Image view" is not the default, "Camera edit" is :?:
menu.jpg
Also the rendering in your picture looks wrong (I assume you are using the the example scene available in the download section).

Anyway, LuxCoreUI is not even included in BlendLuxCore, now that Blender 2.79a is available, you can use directly Blender.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:39 pm Anyway, LuxCoreUI is not even included in BlendLuxCore
No, it is included.
I should probably remove it, I don't remember why I put it in there.