why is luxcore not on blendermarket

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
Post Reply
bestman8
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:45 pm

why is luxcore not on blendermarket

Post by bestman8 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:06 pm

i think that it can be good to also have luxcore on blendermarket as an other place for donations and for people to find it.
because a lot of people that are looking for addons will look at blendermarket and/or gumroad and luxcore isn't on any of those. i think it can make luxcore a bit more popular and maybe even more donations. because now you have to do a few steps to donate and there you wont have to look at all for it.

User avatar
TAO
Developer
Posts: 753
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: why is luxcore not on blendermarket

Post by TAO » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:11 pm

bestman8 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:06 pm
i think that it can be good to also have luxcore on blendermarket as an other place for donations and for people to find it.
because a lot of people that are looking for addons will look at blendermarket and/or gumroad and luxcore isn't on any of those. i think it can make luxcore a bit more popular and maybe even more donations. because now you have to do a few steps to donate and there you wont have to look at all for it.
I did not notice that until two days ago and I was wondering why too!!!
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)
Last update information
https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewto ... 590#p30154

User avatar
Dade
Developer
Posts: 5523
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: Italy

Re: why is luxcore not on blendermarket

Post by Dade » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:42 pm

I assume we can not: it would require to BlenderMarket to forward all incomes to LuxCoreRender project on BountySource (or alternative). As far as I know, they support only PayPal.

We (the project) don't really exist as fiscal stand alone entity (i.e. we are not a company or something similar like Blender Foundation).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

User avatar
TAO
Developer
Posts: 753
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: why is luxcore not on blendermarket

Post by TAO » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:35 pm

Dade wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:42 pm
I assume we can not: it would require to BlenderMarket to forward all incomes to LuxCoreRender project on BountySource (or alternative). As far as I know, they support only PayPal.

We (the project) don't really exist as fiscal stand alone entity (i.e. we are not a company or something similar like Blender Foundation).
Even for free assets or plugins, we should do the same process?
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)
Last update information
https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewto ... 590#p30154

User avatar
Dade
Developer
Posts: 5523
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: Italy

Re: why is luxcore not on blendermarket

Post by Dade » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:37 am

TAO wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:35 pm
Even for free assets or plugins, we should do the same process?
I assume the original post was intending to use BlenderMarket as an additional way to collect donations. Anyway, do they allow free stuff to be placed there ? They gain no money so it sounds like something they are not allowing :?:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

bestman8
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:45 pm

Re: why is luxcore not on blendermarket

Post by bestman8 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:20 am

Dade wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:37 am
TAO wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:35 pm
Even for free assets or plugins, we should do the same process?
I assume the original post was intending to use BlenderMarket as an additional way to collect donations. Anyway, do they allow free stuff to be placed there ? They gain no money so it sounds like something they are not allowing :?:
on blendermarket i think that the min price you can ask for it is $1 but you can link to the github or website where it is free so yes it is allowed. and to distribute the money around the entire team or how you guys would want they do have a option for that it is called add collaborator as seen here
Schermafbeelding 2021-06-16 131836.png

Post Reply