Tiled Path Discussion

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: Tiled Path Discussion

Post by lacilaci »

I'm not saying it's a great solution

But some sort of network/render manager could handle splitting and stitching and also distributing render over devices and render nodes.

case 1:
frame per device or render node in network for animation

case 2:
large single frame split between devices or render nodes

case 3:
large single frame split and rendered in parts by single or multiple devices part by bart and then stitched as a single frame by the network/render manager...?

One thing I would worry about here is imagepipeline effects like chromatic abberation or vignetting. But I guess there might be even bigger issues with the approach.

For me tiled sampler in luxcore is slow and unreliable so if I couldn't render a certain resolution I'd avoid luxcore rather than using tiled sampler. I don't know if it can be improved upon. If it could I'd love tiled/bucket rendering without performance or other issues!

But this situation reminds me of corona where the tiled/bucket mode was performing so poorly against progressive rendering that it was eventually removed.

I guess there isn't a renderer which can do both (tiled and progressive rendering) with the same efficiency. Corona was slower with tiled, vray is slower as progressive, luxcore is slower with tiled and cycles is slower with progressive.
kintuX

Re: Transitioning from VRay to LuxCoreRender

Post by kintuX »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:43 am Backburner for 3ds max has this feature, but rather than tiles it splits render to horizontal stripes. These can be rendered on different workstations or individually one after another and backburner then does the stitching. People use this even with corona when they do very large fine prints. So I don't understand what's your point.
Yes, but here it's not about Max or... ;)
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:57 pm
kintuX wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:32 pm Did you often fall on your head when you were a kid?
Make your point without resorting to personal insults.
OT - may little explaining help.

I am aware it does sounds like that, but i believe it's a valid question about clumsiness, which is just a sign revealing personality & character - i know i am :) it's a simple sign of dyslexia & asperger's syndrome - that's why i can't handle large amounts of texts (or code) in one go, no matter how hard i try, after an hour i need to take a rest and immediately fall asleep. But as i already wrote, have good visual & audio memory, pattern recognition, cognition & need to constantly exercise kinaesthetically (can't even seat behind the computer for an hour - i stand & move around most of the time & as soon i get some time i exercise the body) otherwise i'm quick to loose focus, balance, orientation... :oops: But nevermind, looks like you already got your "picture" set...

Apologies to all & hopefully my experience will widen horizons. I know that being silent is worse than expressing self, but...
"Words don't bite."
8-)