Dealing with trolls...

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
patrickawalz
Supporting Users

Dealing with trolls...

Post by patrickawalz »

I've noticed more than a few less than professional posts from some new people on the forums as of late; rude comments about rushing features, and taunting when corrected. It feels like an attempt at trolling. Do we have an official forum code of conduct users area expected to follow, and what actions would the developers prefer be taken in a situation like this?

I haven't been able to give any time to the new effort, but it's often discouraging to even try to find the time when I see some of these users comments from time to time that just come off as ungrateful and unprofessional.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: Dealing with trolls...

Post by FarbigeWelt »

I think to easiest way to deal with simple copy paste pseudo users is to ignore them if they are not frequent enough to reason the effort to start the ‚brute force anti-troll forum tool‘.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
madcat117

Post by madcat117 »

Hey troll fix the broken network render for windows while your at it thanks, sincerely your worst nightmare! :twisted:
patrickawalz
Supporting Users

Post by patrickawalz »

madcat117 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:39 pm Hey troll fix the broken network render for windows while your at it thanks, sincerely your worst nightmare! :twisted:
exactly what im talking about - this user has been nothing but a toxic addition to this forum - 14-15 posts that are either plain rude or goading developers...
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Erased a post for trolling and spamming, next time is a ban.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
patrickawalz
Supporting Users

Post by patrickawalz »

Dade wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:26 pm Erased a post for trolling and spamming, next time is a ban.
Thanks Dade