LuxCore promo clip

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: LuxCore promo clip

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Dade wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:18 pm
It would be really nice but it takes a LOT of work, an artistic director and a lot more to do something like that. I'm not against it at all but we should be sure it is doable before to start.
I‘d like to suggest to write/draw a short presentation e.g. based on principle which follows AIDA: from your viewers: get attention first (you must see this!), wake interest (wow!) and desire (you have to get this!) following action (download and try now! It is incredible, it is gratis!).
Last edited by FarbigeWelt on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

I like the idea.

I think some basic panning shots in a single archviz scene, then couple of transitions(daytime/nighttime single frame/render transition) and for technical showcase you can introduce some glass with caustics or whatever you'd like right in the scene. And end it with couple of still frame quickly changing frames of some renders done using luxcore. I don't think it needs to be necessarily a minute long video(actually I think there needs to be a lot of changing elements to keep someones attention for that long). Even 15 seconds could be good, time it like an ad(maybe even use it as an ad).

But I agree with Egert, it should be ideally timed with some big release (2.8 support, some big news in general)... where it kinda guarantees that new people at least give it a shot.

PS: Dade those times are insane, 8 sec. fade in.. I'd shut down video after 3 and 16sec for credits... No one cares, that should be a 1-2sec frame with all the names, ideally no credits.
Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

I think we could create a list of things we want show, just raw brainstorming. Then make a list of that stuff and with critical eye filter out the things that would be best fit for our cause. And then start thinking about how it would fit together and make necessary adjustments. I really like those glass caustic renders and I think we could squeeze more out of those :D with interesting camera movements and light shifts
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

ideally no credits
I agree it let viewer focus more on the render engine !
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

If LuxCore was a thing, a vechicle or an animal etc, what would it be? Weird question but think about it, if you close your eyes and think of LuxCore what do you see? :?:

Or even colours
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Egert_Kanep wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:51 pm If LuxCore was a thing, a vechicle or an animal etc, what would it be? Weird question but think about it, if you close your eyes and think of LuxCore what do you see? :?:

Or even colours
Always think luxcore as a tiger. Very Very powerfull engine but also a bit discreet. Also people use to think that it is less stronger than the competition (like some people use to think Tiger as a cute big cat).

Here just finish the creation of a new scene for PGI tutorial and Luxcore Demoreel : here is some shot :

2mn per frame

PGI.jpg

PGI_1.jpg

Edit

PGI_2.jpg
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

nice, there is a pretty strong lightleak in the last image though
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Egert_Kanep wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:51 pm If LuxCore was a thing, a vechicle or an animal etc, what would it be? Weird question but think about it, if you close your eyes and think of LuxCore what do you see? :?:

Or even colours
My sight:
If Luxcore were an animal it was a panther, most probably black; if it were a car it was a Audi 8 with lots of options and leather seats; if it were a color it was the dark blue to brightness shade of a clear sky one can see above 3500 m sea level around the light of dusking sun which was already hidden behind a mountain peak.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

Happy holidays everyone!

As the end of the year is close, like super close already, let's gather all the cool stuff made with LuxCore and once again try to put together a sort of community reel.

I made a drive folder where you should be able to upload images of the scenes you think should be included - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... QOIUCmOidU

For now I'd only gather still images and then we could decide which of those could be animated (if authors are okay with that).

Does this sound like a plan?
Demani

Post by Demani »

I've updated the Dichroic Cube scene I did for the 2.3 promo reel to 2.4.

Here's the link of a test video I did in the past days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo8WVTkR6sY

There is quite a lot of flickering due to youtube compression and denoiser's artifact, but it turns out quite ok for a test at 1000 samples/frames.

Here's the link to download the scene: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jpq0jzlcs328l ... blend?dl=0

Have fun playing with it !

EDIT: The render time per frame was at around 5 min to 5 min 30 on my GTX 980Ti GTX 960 I7 6800k @ 4.20GHz.