Dispersion of Laser looks odd

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: Dispersion of Laser looks odd

Post by FarbigeWelt »

rrubberr wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:23 am Have you tried rendering it with LuxCore's BidirVM integrator and Metropolis sampling? Vertex merging would be a good fit for this scene.
How do I export a Blender Scene for LuxCore?
EDIT:
Render Properties>LuxCore Tools>check LuxCore Filesaver, Text plus Path of Directory
Load .cfg file in
With Engine: BidirVmCPU and Sampler:Metropolis scattering of Laser works well in the orange juice.
But Glasses get rendered to dark.
RGB_IMAGEPIPELINE_0.png
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

The behavior keeps strange. The Lasers faints above an Object made from Glass.
Cornell Box_8, fainting Laser.png
Even with a simple Object as a ring made from Glass. There are also strange caustics.
Cornell Box_9, fainting Laser.png
It dons't matter what kind of Exterior Volume.
Non scattering Homogenous Volume
Cornell Box_9, odd rings.png
or Clear Volume.
Cornell Box_10, odd rings.png
All pictures rendered with BiDir and Metropolis.
Cornell Box_2.blend.zip
(167.72 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
rrubberr

Post by rrubberr »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:15 pm
rrubberr wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:23 am Have you tried rendering it with LuxCore's BidirVM integrator and Metropolis sampling? Vertex merging would be a good fit for this scene.
How do I export a Blender Scene for LuxCore?
EDIT:
Render Properties>LuxCore Tools>check LuxCore Filesaver, Text plus Path of Directory
Load .cfg file in
With Engine: BidirVmCPU and Sampler:Metropolis scattering of Laser works well in the orange juice.
But Glasses get rendered to dark.
RGB_IMAGEPIPELINE_0.png
The dark glasses are an artifact of using the Metropolis sampler; BidirVM's caustics brighten over time when using Metropolis. I also noticed that your light sources were set to be very dim, only 25 lumen. For comparison, a 60 watt light bulb produces over 800 lumen. Below are the settings I used with your scene:
Screenshot from 2023-09-09 12-33-33.png
And the result:
cornell.png
One reason BidirVM isn't exposed in the Blender addon is its atrocious memory usage. Your reasonably simple scene used nearly 600GB of memory to render.
Screenshot from 2023-09-09 12-33-51.png
Calling all Linux users: check out the new LuxRender 1.7 Flatpak! https://github.com/rrubberr/Flatpak-LuxRender
Light transport enthusiast - www.rrubberr.com