Which binary to link with FreeCad to render?

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
ChintusTheGreat

Which binary to link with FreeCad to render?

Post by ChintusTheGreat »

After I installed the precompiled LuxCoreRender binaries, I found 4 binaries: luxcoreui, luxcoreconsole, luxcoredemo, luxcorescenedemo. But when I went to FreeCad, it asked for Luxrender binary. When I pointed it to luxcoreui, I couldn't save my renders in a .png format. Which binary do I link it to and how do I save my render as an image?
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Which binary to link with FreeCad to render?

Post by Sharlybg »

There is no addon to work with Freecad currently. you must import your Model to blender and work with Blendluxcore addon.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
acasta69
Developer
Developer

Post by acasta69 »

ChintusTheGreat wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:08 am When I pointed it to luxcoreui, I couldn't save my renders in a .png format.
I gave it a try and it seems that LuxCoreUI crashes for some reason when selecting "Save Outputs" command after it was started from within FreeCAD.
As a workaround, you could export the raytracing project and then separately run LuxCoreUI to render it. In that case "Save Outputs" works fine.

Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v445.87
ChintusTheGreat

Post by ChintusTheGreat »

acasta69 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:17 pm
ChintusTheGreat wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:08 am When I pointed it to luxcoreui, I couldn't save my renders in a .png format.
I gave it a try and it seems that LuxCoreUI crashes for some reason when selecting "Save Outputs" command after it was started from within FreeCAD.
As a workaround, you could export the raytracing project and then separately run LuxCoreUI to render it. In that case "Save Outputs" works fine.
Thanks! Now it works nicely. :D
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Sorry misreading again :arrow:

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
acasta69
Developer
Developer

Post by acasta69 »

Well, the FreeCAD exporter is indeed very old, it was built for Luxrender and the lxs format, and using it with Luxcore is probably far from ideal.
I am not sure if every Luxcore option is available with that format, but it is always possible to export everything in Luxcore format from LuxCoreUI, from menu Rendering --> Export.

Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v445.87
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

acasta69 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:51 pm I am not sure if every Luxcore option is available with that format
No, definitely nothing of the new stuff, and only a subset of the features in LuxRender 1.6.