Learning the Fabric shader

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
Racleborg

Learning the Fabric shader

Post by Racleborg »

Just a simple scene showing use of the Fabric shader. It's a learning curve, but I'm reasonably happy with this early result.

I'm hoping to create some interesting patterned fabric, soon.

Any guidance is appreciated ;)

Cheers all
Attachments
Fabric Shader.png
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Learning the Fabric shader

Post by Sharlybg »

pretty good result ;)

if you want to be inspired in this field here is the kind of cocaine i used to smoke :mrgreen: : https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... rmat=1500w

from here:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

@Sharlybg

That sofa/fabric image is incredible! I'd love to be able to create images like that. Can you point me in the direction of a suitable tutorial or scene download (preferably for/lux)
Cheers
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Racleborg wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:58 am @Sharlybg

That sofa/fabric image is incredible! I'd love to be able to create images like that. Can you point me in the direction of a suitable tutorial or scene download (preferably for/lux)
Cheers
Don't really know a tutorial in that range sorry ! but it is a good idea for me to make one for lux. Let try when i get a bit of time ;)

But the first thing is to have very good high resolution texture + hair particle.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Ok, thanks
I did try with hair particles, but the amount required for an entire sofa was way too much for my system shock: :o
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Hi Racleborg

Congrats for this great sofa. It’s already a great work and I see you are going in the right direction.

When did you try to use the hair method?

Cheers
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

@FarbigeWelt

Thank you. I was struggling with the velvet shader (have since got a better understanding of it) so tried to use hair particles to make the actual fibres - but to create enough of them (millions) my PC would go into Not Responding mode!
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Racleborg wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:00 pm @FarbigeWelt

Thank you. I was struggling with the velvet shader (have since got a better understanding of it) so tried to use hair particles to make the actual fibres - but to create enough of them (millions) my PC would go into Not Responding mode!
Before I start renders with 0.1 to 2.0 Mparticles (4 to 16 Edges) I open the console (Windows toggle consoke, Mac start Blender in Terminal). This allows me to see all the progress during non responding mode of Blender.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

@FarbigeWel

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that. I suspect the issue is simply that I'm asking too much from my old PC!
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Racleborg wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:13 pm @FarbigeWel

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that. I suspect the issue is simply that I'm asking too much from my old PC!
Who knows, my Mac is mid 2010 and my PC early 2014, both doing a good job. I am used to update only if speed of the new one is at least 5x faster. And this means Amd Threadripper 2, 2950WX or something similar. Currently out of reach for at lesst the next 6 months.
MacBook Air with M1