Laci's wip

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:00 am
lacilaci wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:11 am Here's a nice and quick (bellow 2hrs) 2K rendering...
If you remove the cut off chair on the left and make the background less busy/distracting, this could be a great image I think :)
hm. I can do that, but this all is just some random wip shots.

By the way, what do you mean by removing busy bg, heavier dof maybe?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:14 am hm. I can do that, but this all is just some random wip shots.
It's just an idea if you want to flesh out this one shot.
lacilaci wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:14 am By the way, what do you mean by removing busy bg, heavier dof maybe?
Currently the background has a lot of contrast, especially the bright window/door on the left draws a lot of attention to it.
Making the background more blurry could help, but most important would be to lower the contrast.
Moving the bright window out of view will of course change the lighting, so you would have to experiment a bit.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:33 am
lacilaci wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:14 am hm. I can do that, but this all is just some random wip shots.
It's just an idea if you want to flesh out this one shot.
lacilaci wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:14 am By the way, what do you mean by removing busy bg, heavier dof maybe?
Currently the background has a lot of contrast, especially the bright window/door on the left draws a lot of attention to it.
Making the background more blurry could help, but most important would be to lower the contrast.
Moving the bright window out of view will of course change the lighting, so you would have to experiment a bit.
I see, but the way this place is layed out, I don't think it's completely doable(windows all around :D)...
Anyway, I'm just building the scene and rendering +/-random wips in between work so we'll see how it turns out :D
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

- I want that rug!

- (I don't want to know what animals were killed for it.)

- Trying to roll back with the chair on that rug might lead to:

- toppling chair with person seated
- person grabbing table frantically
- toppling table
- crashing iMac :shock:
- me want to see animation of the whole mess :lol:

- great shots and lighting!
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

epilectrolytics wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:35 pm - I want that rug!

- (I don't want to know what animals were killed for it.)

- Trying to roll back with the chair on that rug might lead to:

- toppling chair with person seated
- person grabbing table frantically
- toppling table
- crashing iMac :shock:
- me want to see animation of the whole mess :lol:

- great shots and lighting!
Design vs functionality, eh? :P

Jokes aside, I also think it looks great.
In my case, I want that chair! Right now!
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

yes yes, I'm well aware of the issue with rug and chair. But, it is actually how I have set it up in my office, since I want nice rug under my feet :D and also I just like how luxcore renders that rug :D...
It's all just kinda freestyling with this project, I don't know yet if the rug stays or maybe I'll find it another place...

@CodeHD - you can actually get this chair(3D model) from my behance for free: https://www.behance.net/gallery/7279949 ... E-3D-model
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

I cannot change linked object's material!!!

For example, in my main scene there are a couple of imacs(linked).. now In my imac scene I change material property(color of a material or emissive property) and in the main scene only some parts (as if one instance of material which is applied to multiple objects) get updated..

I never came across this issue, can I do something about it??
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

Uuh nice, might put it in my optics lab setup for fun :D

But really, I want that chair. I'm at my parents place for christmas, and right now I'm sitting on one of the most rancid old office chairs ever ;)
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

lacilaci wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:55 am I cannot change linked object's material!!!

For example, in my main scene there are a couple of imacs(linked).. now In my imac scene I change material property(color of a material or emissive property) and in the main scene only some parts (as if one instance of material which is applied to multiple objects) get updated..

I never came across this issue, can I do something about it??
Could this be related to the fact that the object has multiple materials? How is it even possible that a linked object is not affected by changes made to itself?
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

4K quicktests (~1 hour each + nvidia denoiser at 70%)...

btw... I think there was something messed up with linked objects in blender, deleted affected objects and linked again and now it works... Probably blender related bug or I messed up something when I was linking it first time... 2.79 is pain with these things...

I'm gonna maybe put some festive stuff on some tables, few more details and I'll call it done... Probably...