Living room 1

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Living room 1

Post by Sharlybg »

One more path tracing render on GTX 1080 ti 4h. Post prod and denoise darktable gimp and blender compositor.
RF1.jpg
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: Living room 1

Post by lacilaci »

Sharlybg wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:49 pm One more path tracing render on GTX 1080 ti 4h. Post prod and denoise darktable gimp and blender compositor.

RF1.jpg
There something about that carpet.. Looks dusty, like it's made of dog hair or something.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Also, allow me some constructive criticism of your work.
I'm not saying I'm expert or something, take it as just someone's opinion...
All your works (at least the few recent ones posted here) look like they lack direction.
Like, there's no control over what's happening there. It looks like you went to someone's random cheap home and took a picture of it.

Even when you would do a real estate photography where you don't choose what style is the interior following, if any.. You'd still bring some lights, take some pictures with flashes and without, and composite it later in photoshop to make the place look the best it can. (again, in cgi a feature i keep requesting for exclusive lighting etc.. is a substitute for that)

Your pictures look natural and realistic, but even if it was a photograph and I was the client I'd say it's boring do something about it :D
But yeah, if it's your work and your clients are happy then sure, go ahead that's what matters.
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

Great choice of artwork, enhanced by central perspective.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

was the client I'd say it's boring do something about it
Yeah like i am going to learn a lot from you :idea:
Thanks ;)

lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Sharlybg wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:01 am
was the client I'd say it's boring do something about it
Yeah like i am going to learn a lot from you :idea:
Thanks ;)
I'm sorry, did that part of my comment offend you? If it did then I apologize.
I sometimes have poor choice of words and kinda always assume other people understand that I only mean well :)
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

I'm sorry, did that part of my comment offend you? If it did then I apologize.
I sometimes have poor choice of words and kinda always assume other people understand that I only mean well :)
Not like i don't really understand what you're saying in your comment i do like tough constructive comments also as it help improve. i'm the first to see all unfinished and not perfect things on my works and my dailys tools. theses recent project are really like fast food meal done in extremelly short hours on my tiny free time. Even best artist are like this :

Bertrand benoit super works : http://bertrand-benoit.com/blog/warm-corona-greys/
Bertrand benoit fstorm test : http://bertrand-benoit.com/blog/westkaai-via-fstorm/

In the past i got the habit to share only what i considere like finished (even not perfect) but good enough to make people realize a bit how far they can go with Lux engine. but this didn't help anymore when only few artist start doing interesting things with this amazing underdeveloment Beta engine also and when the finished artwork forum receive only 1 finished project each 3 months (don't like this deadly silent mood). 3 shared project in less than a month isn't a common pace for super high quality jobs ( the kitchen , the dining room, now the living room).

So what i want to point is that you can't comment on a Ferrari like you will on a twingo. I can't comment on your first luxcore project like i will 1 years later and when looking at it is clear that you get extremelly constrained. you can't comment on a beta Engine done by 2 volunteer like you do with Vray and they monster budget. You may have good will but if you do it like this all time it become counter productive :

. other beginner or less skilled artists will get affraid to share
. Devs could be discourage to do more even if they have the knowledge for that
. you can get frustrated yourself because other seem to not considere obvoius truth your're pointing out

Please keep comment honnestly please keep working like you do it is clear we all can't wait to see how great luxcore will turn in your hand (guessing your behance it is clear it will rock :D )