Just another render

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: Just another render

Post by lacilaci »

marcatore wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:04 am I really like the chairs material but, as the previous render (the kitchen one), I don't like how the denoiser affect the result.
Too smooth and some details lost as the door on the background.

In any case, I appreciate the result but 22hrs for just an image and denoised to make it clean is really a low production efficiency result.
Imagine if the client need a quick modify...

But , I want to repeat that the overall result is fine and good...
I agree, there is nothing worng with the quality of work here regarding Sharly.

But luxcore is here looking like a 5-10 minute corona render + denosier.
I'm not kidding, you can do that(or at least get very very close)! And even with cycles + ao + optix(although introducing some bias, not very recognizable unless you have reference)
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

lacilaci wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:28 am And even with cycles + ao + optix(although introducing some bias, not very recognizable unless you have reference)
Sincerely, comparing ambient occlusion to a bidirectional path tracing rendering is a, not even vaguely, credible statement.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Dade wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:44 am
lacilaci wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:28 am And even with cycles + ao + optix(although introducing some bias, not very recognizable unless you have reference)
Sincerely, comparing ambient occlusion to a bidirectional path tracing rendering is a, not even vaguely, credible statement.
Totally agree the difference in visual light quality is totally out of comparison. But someone have to work with it on serious thing to understands how diferent this engine is. I really love bidir quality this is my POV.

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Dade wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:44 am
I'm not comparing ao to bidir... I'm saying, that nothing about the render seem to require bidir and 22hrs of rendering. That's all I'm saying.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

This picture is masterpiece in composition and details, especially the carpet. It deserves all the time it got for its awesome appearance.

Hopefully you go ahead further for the next bidirectional artwork.

Who would have ask pointillists for using less layers of dots and paints?
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Decide to give path ocl a try. But fund that it need a completely diferent workflow to work. So i change the lighting setup switch form HDRi to area light and also add DLCS and this is the result after 2.h30mn on a GTX 1080ti. It's clear that path tracing like direct light ;) .
S4.jpg

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:10 pm Decide to give path ocl a try. But fund that it need a completely diferent workflow to work. So i change the lighting setup switch form HDRi to area light and also add DLCS and this is the result after 2.h30mn on a GTX 1080ti. It's clear that path tracing like direct light ;) .

S4.jpg
Great, but now that you changed lighting you don't have that nice daylight coming through. I'd try flat color environment and sun(switched from sun to distant cause sun is too strong) to get some more lighting contrast like in your original image.
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:10 pm Decide to give path ocl a try. But fund that it need a completely diferent workflow to work. So i change the lighting setup switch form HDRi to area light and also add DLCS and this is the result after 2.h30mn on a GTX 1080ti. It's clear that path tracing like direct light ;) .

S4.jpg
Yeah, fine but dull - all the dynamics & contrast are gone. Not to mention the table glass leg, carpet, the back (entrance)... obviously, details are missing now. So, consider adding extra working hours to fill in. Then, you'll most likely wanna find that fine balance in tone... and finally give it that extra photographic touch (imperfections - a bit of grain, aberration, glare..) :twisted: ;)

But anyway, how long did it take you to set this up?
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

As said, if it takes a day it does. There is not any shortcut but more CPU cores and higher frequencies. One cannot color with a pencil.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1