Transparent Backgrounds under standalone render.

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
BiOzZ

Transparent Backgrounds under standalone render.

Post by BiOzZ »

I'm having issues with the transparent backgrounds not rendering correctly (just rendering and saving black) when i export my scene as a file and render it via luxcoreui under linux. Is there something under the config file that was simply missing? or is this simply not implemented yet? i notice

Code: Select all

path.forceblackbackground.enable
is set to zero and yes "transparent film" is enabled in blender before exporting.
Im using luxcoreui over SSH with X forwarding because im still trying to get network rendering to work (but thats a post for another time) and i need light group control for this but this should not really cause any issue.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Transparent Backgrounds under standalone render.

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

transparent film is disabled when exporting a luxcore scene.
to be honest I don't remember why I implemented it this way, I'll look into it.

For now, you could enable the alpha AOV and composite this alpha channel into the image by hand (you might want to enable forceblackbackground in this case, i.e. set it to 1).
Or you could change the RGB_IMAGEPIPELINE into an RGBA_IMAGEPIPELINE, might be a bit more complicated.
BiOzZ

Post by BiOzZ »

My current solution is just to do X11 forwarding of blender from the offsite server
its clunky and very slow but this seemed like the optimal solution to preserve the scenes
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

Digging out this old thread as its the only reference I found...
Just noticed myself that BlendLux doesn't export alpha. Its indeed easy to changeby adding one letter in the cfg, but perhaps you want to reconsider enabling it in the addon?
brehiner

Post by brehiner »

In Blender
1. Choose luxcore engine in render properties
foroluxcore00.png
foroluxcore00.png (10.74 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
2. Check alpha in view layers properties
foroluxcore01.png
3. In compositor conect the second alpha node of the render layer image wiht the alpha node of the composite.
foroluxcore02.png
4. Render