Different exposure when rendering different parts of the image

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Different exposure when rendering different parts of the image

Post by Sharlybg »

Racleborg wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:43 pm Well, it looks great! So if it takes a month, then it takes a month ;)
Such kind of work totally deserve all the need to come to life. do it 4k with as much as samples possible it is a masterpiece. just remenber my simple cold fusion scene (but in my case i should had use laser to drastically reduce the time instead of hiden light plane inside box.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
FXtend

Post by FXtend »

Racleborg wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:43 pm Well, it looks great! So if it takes a month, then it takes a month ;)
Sharlybg wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:56 pm Such kind of work totally deserve all the need to come to life. do it 4k with as much as samples possible it is a masterpiece.
Thanks guys :)
I'll give it another month if I have to but I'd rather find out how Lux does gamma and fix my render if possible.
Sharlybg wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:56 pm just remenber my simple cold fusion scene (but in my case i should had use laser to drastically reduce the time instead of hiden light plane inside box.
I'm afraid I haven't seen your cold fusion scene but I'd love to. Do you think there's anything I could do about my scene to speed it up without compromising quality?
FXtend

Post by FXtend »

Does anyone know how Lux does gamma? I mean, what's the maths? If it's just an exponent I must have done something wrong :?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

FXtend wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:06 pm Does anyone know how Lux does gamma? I mean, what's the maths? If it's just an exponent I must have done something wrong :?
Here: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... on.cpp#L45
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Did you render this in Blender or outside (using luxcoreconsole or luxcoreui)?
Because we don't use the gamma correction plugin in Blender, Blender does the gamma correction for us.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Does exr format support a kind of reset? I mean gamma, exposure and color space are rather a look up table for how the file has to be displayed and raw information is not touched.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

using luxcoreconsole or luxcoreui
Sorry to jump post, but how do you install these? I downloaded the standalone version, but can't see an .exe file in it.

Thanks
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:50 pm
using luxcoreconsole or luxcoreui
Sorry to jump post, but how do you install these? I downloaded the standalone version, but can't see an .exe file in it.
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... opencl.zip includes a luxcoreui.exe and pylucoretools.exe :?:

luxcoreconsole is included only in the SDK version (as a demo with source) but "pylucoretools.exe console" does exactly the same task.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Dade

Thank you
FXtend

Post by FXtend »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:08 pm Did you render this in Blender or outside (using luxcoreconsole or luxcoreui)?
Because we don't use the gamma correction plugin in Blender, Blender does the gamma correction for us.
I did it in Blender. Thanks for the info :)
Should just be v^gamma or v^(1/gamma) where v is the value of the pixel, right? At least that's what the gamma node seems to do.